Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween







Baptism of Brother Douglas

The end of Mighty Mouse

Brownies from the mix sent from home.

Watermelon pumpkin.

Sunset

Halloween feast

Pumpkin two

Stovetop Oven

Dear family and friends,
          This week was full of all sorts of excitement. First of all, we had a baptism!! It was Elder Itepu's first baptism in the field. Brother Douglas has committed to follow the Savior. How great is that?? Preparing for the baptism was chaotic and unorganized as usual, but it all came together for a great service in the end. I am so happy for Brother Douglas. We had six investigators at church on Sunday! That's the most I have ever had. I was so happy to see them all there to witness the true church of Jesus Christ in action. The people of Ghana are such great examples to me. They do so much good despite being in such a poor state.
          Halloween is not celebrated in Ghana, or at least it wasn't until I got here. We celebrated like crazy in our apartment! We carved watermelon, ate brownies and candy, drank soda, played some cards, and then ate some more until we were sick. It was a very awesome and somewhat satisfying Halloween. Last night brought more excitement as we saw our dear friend Mighty Mouse running around the apartment. We managed to trap him inside of a room where we eventually killed him. I will forever miss Mighty Mouse, but I won't miss the mouse pellets I found on my bed. 
          Serving a mission has given me a much deeper appreciation for my nieces and nephews. Those kids have always been such a big part of my life, and not a day goes by that I don't think of them. They are such happy and sweet spirits who have brought more joy to my life than anything else. I love each Monday when I get to see pictures of them being adorable. I miss them!
          Well that is all for this week. I hope that all is well for everyone and I look forward to writing again next week! Have a great week. I love and miss you all.

Love, Elder Radmall


Questions from Christie:
Q. Do they celebrate Halloween in Africa? 
Nope.
Q. Did you celebrate Halloween?
You know we did!
Q. What made you laugh this week?
Every time I tripped over my own feet (which is a lot).
Q. Did you eat anything new this week?
Not really. The brownies were sure nice though!
Q. What was your favorite scripture or chapter you read this week?
Q. In third Nephi, when the people were surrounded by darkness and destruction a voice spoke to them. It was the Savior speaking words of encouragement. In the darkest times of life I have also heard the Savior telling me that there is hope.

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. How is your toe doing?
Very well. It still looks bad though.
Q. Have you heard or read any conference talks yet?
Only some small excerpts.
Q. Do you get church magazines there? Ensign?
Eventually we get most of the Liahonas.
Q. How was the weather this week?
Sunny, sunny, and sunny with some sprinkling rain.
Q. Did you carve watermelons for Halloween?
YES!
Q. What was the best part about your week?
Douglas's baptism.
Q. What are you most grateful for?
My family and friends who keep writing and supporting me!
Q. What was the best thing you ate this week?
Brownie with chocolate spread and bits of toffee sprinkled on top. Yum!
Q. What was the worst thing you ate this week?
Burnt brownie. The edges cooked a little too fast.
Q. Who is your favorite person you associate with right now?
I love Elder Bodily in my apartment. He is my best friend.
Q. What was the hardest thing about your week?
Feeling unworthy and inadequate to serve Jesus Christ. But I know that those feelings come from the adversary, and I am working to overcome them.
Q. What was the best lesson you taught this week?
Elder Itepu and I taught someone with the other elders in our apartment yesterday. It was cool to all bear testimony together. We shared our witness of the importance of baptism.
Q. What was the best lesson you learned this week?
That hard work and obedience bring great blessings from heaven. We just need to keep all of the commandments and God will take care of the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment