Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Tender Mercies

Hello Folks!!!
          I hope that all is going just great. Things are pretty swell here in Ghana. What a blessed week it has been.  We had some great tender mercies this week.  Thursday afternoon, as we were preparing to leave our apartment after finishing our lunch, it started lightly raining.  We had made plans to meet with an investigator, and we thought we could make it.  Within minutes it had started pouring.  We quickly took refuge at a nearby shop.  We were trying over and over again to call our investigator, but because of the poor network and the very loud rain we just couldn't communicate.  I started thinking we would just have to reschedule for another day.  I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help us meet with this man if it was His will.  Then our investigator called and told us he was at a nearby school.  We stuck our heads out of the shop and sure enough, there he was.  Though all of us were soaked from the rain and a bit cold, we sat down and had a wonderful discussion about the Restoration of the Gospel. 
          Another tender mercy came on Friday morning. We have an investigator named Samuel from the Ivory Coast. He has no phone and there was no way for us to contact him unless he came to church, which he didn't. Friday we got a random call and it was Samuel! He was at the chapel waiting to meet us. We rushed over there, taught him about baptism and the Holy Ghost, and set a date for him to be baptized. Let's hope he continues to progress.
          We also got to attend the Tema Stake Conference this weekend. It is my first stake conference in months. It was awesome to hear from so many inspired men and woman. The theme for the conference was becoming unified as saints in Zion. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is truly the only thing powerful enough to bring peace and harmony to this world of constant commotion. How lucky I am to have that Gospel as a part of my life. I have witnessed firsthand how well it works. For the last 10 months I have lived, laughed, loved, and served with people who come from completely different cultures and backgrounds from me. Only the Gospel could have allowed for that. 
          Other cool things that happened this week. On Friday as we were riding to our apartment we ran into the barbershop boys on the way. They were just going to eat some fufu and they insisted that we join them. We went and enjoyed an awesome meal. They love to talk about how sweet life is in America and then they say, "Radmall, isn't it true?" Haha they crack me up. 
          I guess that is about it. I hope that you all know I love and miss you. I pray for you. Keep being awesome and have a great week!
Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from Mom:
Q. Can you send a photo of the Egbos?
Yes! As soon as I get one. I forgot my camera this week.
Q. When did you feel the spirit this week?
As I spent time trying to learn a hymn on the piano. I have been loving playing the piano lately.
Q. How is your new bike?
It's okay. The gears  are all broken, so I need to get it fixed. 
Q. How have angels watched over you this week?
Saturday night I became very ill with a case of runny tummy, and I thought for  a little bit that I wouldn't be able to make it to stake conference the next day. All night I was up. I prayed that God would allow me to make it to the conference to meet with our investigators who had promised to come and I am fairly certain that angels were pushing me along the whole day, because when we got back to the apartment I absolutely crashed for a couple of hours. I am feeling much better now.
Q. What is your favorite thing about your companion?
He loves to smile and laugh. You hardly see him when he doesn't have a grin on his face.

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. What was something fun you did this week?
I had extra money left over, so I took the district out for pizza after our district council on Tuesday. It was delicious and most excellent.
Q. What will you do to celebrate your birthday coming up?
What?! My birthday is forever away. Maybe I will wake up at 6;35 instead of 6:30 to celebrate. Living on the edge.
Q. Do you have any interesting or fun neighbors?
Our apartment is in an enclosed are with just one other house. The people who live there are very nice. Their grandma lives with them and she is very old and senile. The poor woman moans for hours every morning. But overall they are great neighbors.
Q. What was the highlight of your week?
I think stake conference. It was great to hear so many inspired messages.
Q. What was something new you learned this week?
I learned a hymn! I also learned how to prepare jelouf rice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment