Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

Borrowed Ties and Stir Fry

 Benjamin, one of the barbershop boys.
Banku

Dear Family and Friends,
          I hope that you all had a great week! Elder Kambwiri and I were blessed with a wonderful week of proselyting.  The Lord has blessed us in finding a lot of new investigators to teach over the last few weeks.  Several of them have even been able to come to church to see how we worship.  We will spend this week really focusing in on our new investigators to address their needs. We are still teaching the awesome barbershop boys. One of them, Benjamin, even came to church yesterday! I let him borrow one of my favorite ties. Tomorrow we are planning to go and enjoy some fufu with them. I might even let Benjamin attempt to cut my hair. We will see if I am brave enough.
         This week I had the opportunity to go on a companion exchange with Elder Fesola'i, our district leader. He was in the Provo MTC at the same time I was. He is from Australia and has a sweet accent!  He is an amazing missionary and it was great to be able to learn from his teaching skills.  It was also fun to remember our experiences in the MTC together. Sadly, he was just transferred to the bush. Our district will greatly miss him, but I am sure he will be a great blessing to the people in his new area.
          We had some awesome get togethers with other missionaries this week. On Saturday night we had a district activity with the six Nungua elders. We all prepared different dishes and played ping pong. I made pasta and a nice chicken stir fry which I covered in a white sauce. Not to brag or anything, but it was stinking amazing. We also had an awesome zone activity today at the Ghana MTC. We played soccer and basketball and I made fun of all the missionaries who went to the Ghana MTC. Apparently they ate pretty much the same food every single day. I am secretly a little bit jealous of them though. I'm sure it was an awesome experience to be in there with missionaries from so many countries across the world.
          Well, that is about all that I can think of for now. Thanks for being such amazing people and for loving and supporting me! I truly could not do this great work without all of you. I know that our Savior lives and that He is always there to strengthen us as we seek to do God's will. If we stay on the straight and narrow path, He will always be at our side. He loves us perfectly.
Love,
Elder Radmall

 Chicken Stir Fry
Time to eat.

Questions from TeriAnn:  
Q. Have you gone to the temple recently?
Sadly, no. My companion has never done baptisms for the dead though, so I am thinking of asking president if we can go.
Q. How are the roaches? Please tell me they don't get in your food.
I am used to them now. They tend to like hanging out in our kitchen, but we keep most of our food in the fridge where it is safe.
Q. Do they have pretty sunsets in Ghana?
Very pretty! It was better in Koforidua though.
Q. What's the strangest bug or animal you have seen in your new area?
The other night while hanging up my clothes to dry I saw a HUGE rodent run along our compound wall. I think it was a bush cutter. 
Q. Any fun plans with members or other missionaries this week?
We are having FHE with the Egbos tonight. They are an awesome family. He served as a mission president in Nigeria and now works for the church.

Questions from Mom:
Q. Do you cook with propane and a camp stove in your new apartment?
We sure do!
Q. What is the most surprising thing about Nangua?
The giant gap between the wealthy and the poor people here. And they live pretty much right next to each other.
Q. What made you laugh this week?
When a bird dropped a bomb right on my hand. That will teach me to stand under trees.

Questions from Christie:
Q. What made you laugh this week? 
My companion dancing like a madman in our apartment. Haha he is one funny guy.
Q. How is your toe? 
I performed a small and painful surgery on it to remove part of the toenail, so hopefully it gets better.
Q. Are the members feeding you? 
Yes! Although this week our investigators fed us about as much as the members did.
Q. What scripture meant the most to you this week? 
Alma 7:12. It teaches a lot about the Atonement and it is very comforting to think that the Savior knows just how to "succor his people".

No comments:

Post a Comment