Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

The BoM!!!

 Bryan made pancakes!
 Goats!
 Elder Radmall, Brother Emmanuel, Elder Grissignon
Dear family and friends,
          Can you believe it?? Tomorrow will mark two months that I have been out on my mission! I am already almost ten percent of the way through this wonderful journey. It has been another fantastic week. I don't know if I have ever worked harder in my whole life. This mission thing is so humbling and rewarding. This week we worked in a little town about fifteen minutes from Koforidua called Nkurakan (pronounced in-kra-kine). There are some sweet people there to share the Gospel with. We will start going there every Wednesday and then going to Huhunya every Friday. One of the men we met there was Deny. He was very accepting of our message and even came to church on Sunday. Then, on Sunday night, he unexpectedly called us. He let us know that he felt he needed to be baptized and to serve a mission... are you kidding me?!?! How cool is that? He is an awesome guy and we hope to baptize him in October. We also are looking forward to baptizing a man named Aaron this month. He is a golden investigator and usually gives an hour long sermon every time we meet. Haha he is the best. We had a very sweet experience where we were asked to bless a woman who has been suffering from some nasty blisters under her arm for several weeks. We found out a couple of days after giving the blessing that she was healed! The priesthood is such a wonderful blessing. I am glad it is on the earth today.
          I made pancakes from scratch, and they were delicious. Actually, they were some of the best pancakes I have ever had. I have decided that Coke and Pepsi are taking over the world. They are sold in every little shop here in Ghana. It's ridiculous. You can get a nice cold Fanta, but I can't even get a glass of real milk! Everybody in Ghana has a cell phone, which I found interesting. It is definitely a blessing to us as missionaries because it makes it so much easier to contact people throughout the day. A fun fact about Ghana, women here don't really shave at all. It is disgusting. I don't like seeing women with beards.
          This week I am grateful for the Book of Mormon. I have really been focusing on using it to help others in their conversion. As I've done so I have realized just how significant the Book of Mormon is in my own conversion. I can honestly say that without a knowledge that it is a true book, I would not be here today. Indeed, the Book of Mormon is the keystone to my own testimony. Several years ago as I started to read it for my first time, I quickly fell in love with the teachings that lie within. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and because I have a testimony of that book, I also know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. He restored the true church of Jesus Christ to the earth today. I would encourage all of you to read it for yourselves. If you have already read it, read it again. It will bless your life.
          I hope that all of you are absolutely loving life. God is so good and blesses all of His children in so many ways. Mom and dad, I am glad you were able to get some sweet new carpets this week. Now I will have a styling house to come home to. TeriAnn thanks for getting me that milkshake. I hope you all had a blast with Mazie's baby blessing! I wish I could have been there in person, but I was sure there in spirit. I continue to pray for you all and I hope that this week is great for you. I love you all!

Love, Elder Radmall


Questions from TeriAnn
Who is your favorite member there? 
Sister Rosslyn and Sister Janet who do sooo much for us!
How is the bike riding going? 
Some days it's great, other days I don't like it at all, but I am getting some sweet calves!
Where do you grocery shop and what do you buy? 
At any little shop on the side of the road. I buy bread, eggs, rice, water, laundry soap, oats, and anything else I might need.
Do you do anything fun with your zone or district? 
We meet at the church and play games almost every p-day which is super!

No comments:

Post a Comment