Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

Another Lovely Week


 
Baptism for Brother Joshua  

Children in Huhunya


Dear family and friends,          

          Let me just say, God is so good. I am often ungrateful and at times even a little upset towards my Heavenly Father, but He never turns His back on me. I have relied on Him almost completely since starting my mission, and He has come through for me every time I have needed Him. This week I am grateful for prayer which allows me to speak directly to my loving Heavenly Father. I know that He hears and answers when we pray in faith. The answers may not come immediately or just as we want them, but they do come. If we can fill our lives with constant prayer and submit our will to the Father's, I know that all will be well. A feeling of peace that can only be found in the Savior will fill our hearts.
           This week has been another great one! I had my first baptism!!! Brother Joshua made sacred covenants with his Heavenly Father. As I witnessed this I was overwhelmed with the Spirit and I felt of the importance of this work. I was reminded that I am here to help others come unto their Savior. He is the light and life of the world. We also got approval this week to go to Huhunya twice a week!! Woot! While contacting this week I felt prompted to enter one particular compound. Inside we contacted a couple girls and told them we would return. When we came back they were gone, but there was a man sitting outside we decided to talk to. It turns out that he was baptized in the church in 2008 and has since fallen inactive. He just moved to Koforidua from another part of Ghana. We bore testimony to him of Heavenly Father's love and the truthfulness of the church. I know that God lead us to that man.
           Every morning I get up at 6:30. There isn't an alarm in our bedroom. We don't need one. I am woken up by crowing rooster everyday. How cool is that?!?! All over the place here there are men pushing little carts with the name FanIce on the side. They sell delicious rock cakes and stuff that's almost like ice cream in a paper tube. I am always tempted when I see them, but usually I can resist. I forgot to tell you last week about falling in the gutter! Sunday night we were walking home from a delicious meal at a members home, and we were singing as we went. It was totally dark and I couldn't see the road in front of me very well. I fell completely into the nasty, deep gutter on the side of the road. To make matters worse, there were about a million billion ants where I fell that covered my body. I was dancing the rest of the way home! Hahaha it was pretty funny.
           Well, I am about out of time for today. I want you all to know that I have a very deep and sincere love for you. Thank you so much for all of your support and love. I feel of your prayers every day and I need them! I hope that you all have a wonderful week!


Love, Elder Radmall

Questions from TeriAnn-
Q. What's the weirdest thing you have seen in Ghana?
A. I saw a giant dead python that was as thick as my arm on the side of the road. That was awesome.
Q. What's the worst thing you have seen in Ghana?
A. Children living in extreme poverty with sad looks on their faces.
Q. What is the best thing you have experienced in Ghana?
A. The people!! I love the humble and kind people here. They are very warm and giving despite having so little.
Q. What is the worst thing you have experienced in Ghana?
A. Falling into a deep gutter and having ants crawl all over my body. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment