Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Book of Mormon - Another Testament of Jesus Christ

Some of my favorite investigators.
We are teaching some people around where those children stay, and they said they wanted to learn. We have taught them about the Godhead and about prophets so far. 

Hello Family and Friends!

I hope you all had a fantastic week! This email should be pretty short and sweet. This week I decided to read The Book of Mormon all the way through one more time before I complete my mission. So I started in 1 Nephi and am currently into 2 Nephi. It has been so great to refresh my mind with the story of Lehi and his family. I learn so much from their faith, perseverance, and obedience every time I read about them. It was no coincidence that The Book of Mormon was also a central part of most of our lessons this week. I love teaching people that there is another testament of Jesus Christ. That book is the keystone of my own testimony of the Savior and of His church. It was through the Book of Mormon that I became truly converted unto the Gospel and decided to serve a mission. Each time we use it to teach, I realize that our lessons run more smoothly. The Spirit is stronger. Our investigators want to read and learn more. I love that book and know that studying it daily will bring anyone closer to their Savior. It will bring peace and hope in a troubled and increasingly dangerous world. 

We are teaching an investigator named Prince right now. He is a single school teacher. He loves the teachings and is currently reading the Book of Mormon. On Sunday he even came to church. We had him meet with our bishop and he practically bore his testimony that he knows God will answer his prayers and show him the truth. I look forward to seeing him continue to grow!

This week I started cooking again! We made fried rice and chicken. On Sunday we went all out and made cheeseburgers! It was expensive, but worth it.

That is about all I have time for this week. I love you all and hope that you have a great week. I can never thank you enough for all of you love and prayers. 
Love,
Elder Radmall

Adente zone conference
President talked about planning and having integrity when it comes to the funds we receive. Sister Heid talked about complimenting people to build relationships with them. My companion talked about the importance of gratitude. The AP's talked about being selfless like the Savior.
I also got slightly chastised for not having wireless microphones ready to go. Oops. Whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth.  
We were short on time, so I didn't share most of my thoughts. But I talked about the importance of repenting and letting go of our sins. Then I shared a few helps the Lord has given us to aid us in the repentance process. 


Questions from Momma:
Q. How fast was the taxi going when you had the car accident?
I am not sure. Probably between 30-40 MPH. 
Q. Is Elder Scott related to Elder Richard G. Scott?
Nope. 
Q. How are your teeth doing? 
Hahaha I can't tell you. I still brush them every once in a while, but I haven't seen a dentist in two years! They seem fine though. 
Q. Funniest thing that happened to you this week?
Elder Scott and I got into a soccer war in front of our apartment. We spent about 45 minutes kicking a soccer ball at each other as hard as we could. It was hilarious, especially because we were still in our shirts and ties. 
Q. Tell us about one member of your ward…..
Our Bishop was baptized about 5 years ago when his wife introduced him to the church. About two years later He became a branch president and is now serving as our bishop. He was born and raised in the Methodist Church, but as the missionaries taught him he realized there were a lot of scriptures in the Bible only our church could explain. He has one daughter and one son. He is working for the church right now to translate the hymnbook into Twi. 

Elder Scott (Bryan's companion) with pink eye.


Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. If there is one word you would use to describe your experience in Ghana what would it be?
Indescribable. 
Q. What is your favorite thing that you have acquired while in Ghana?
An amazing tan line. 
Q. What has brought you the most joy while in Ghana?
Becoming friends with so many of the wonderful people here. It is hard to be unhappy around people who are always smiling. 
Q. What has changed you the most on your mission and in Ghana? 
On my mission what has changed me the most is coming to truly know my Savior. Through studying, praying, and testifying I have gained a deeper understanding of His mission and His love. I can think of nothing more changing. 
Q. What summer experience are you looking forward to the most when you come home? 
I am looking forward to jumping on the trampoline with my nieces and nephews! 

Questions from Kurt:
Q. How are your garments holding up at this point? Not quite as white as they used to be? Nice, yellow pits that are slightly hardened if you wear anti-perspirant?
Q. My garments have done surprisingly well. Most missionaries do have hardened yellow pits, but I wash my pits extra well so they are stain free! 
Q. Have you worn out your scriptures? Bindings holding up?
Yeah. The pages came unglued from the leather binding a while ago, so they constantly slide around. Overall they are still in pretty good condition though. 
Q. Are there any young men serving missions from your ward? If so, wear are they?
We have one young man who just received his call to Nigeria. We should be taking him to proselyte with us a lot this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment