Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Transfer!

Elder Radmall at the transfer conference.

Hey Everybody!

I hope you all had another great week. Word has reached me that yet another baby girl has joined our family. Woot! People usually look at me with amazement when I tell them how many nieces and nephews I have. And that number just keeps going up. I will have a lot of new faces to see when I get home. 

This week has been a crazy one for me. To start the week I said my final goodbyes in Kpong and packed my bags. Wednesday we traveled to the mission to spend the night. That meant two things. First, I got to go to the temple. A delight as always. Second, I got to use the washing machine at the mission home. Bonus! Thursday morning we had a big transfer conference for all of the missionaries going on transfer. This transfer was huge. Over 40 of our 180 missionaries were transferred. At the conference we received some great instructions and they even gave us lunch. 

After the conference my new companion and I boarded a taxi and headed for Danfa. My new companion is Elder Beck. This will be his last transfer. He is one of the most powerful and obedient missionaries I have ever met. He is an amazing teacher and a talented leader. I am going to learn a lot in our one transfer together. Danfa is a beautiful area. It is not bush in the way that Kpong was, but it is also outside of the city. The people here are wonderful. I have already been welcomed in to several of the members homes and felt their love and kindness. I am going to enjoy my time here. 

This week I have come to the conclusion that someone is out to get me. As most of you know I was in a taxi rollover two weeks ago. This week the excitement continued. On Friday we were teaching an investigator at her shop. There were three plastic chairs with a television standing above them. We were occupying two of those chairs. As we were teaching there was a loud crash. The TV had fallen, totally crushing the plastic chair beside me. No big deal. Then on Sunday I walked into the bathroom to take care of some business. As I reached for the toilet paper I realized there was something on it. It was a scorpion. Glad I caught that one! That would have been uncomfortable. 

That is all the news for this week. I am excited to get out and continue seeing the people of Danfa. I love my Savior and I know that He lives. He loves us. He watches over us. I am grateful for Him. I love you all and hope you have a blessed week! 

Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from Mom:
Q. Tell us two things about your new companion.
He loves video games and he is from Lehi. 
Q. How is your new ward?
I am in a branch yet again! That being said, this branch is probably stronger than a lot of the wards here. They are awesome. The saints in Danfa are committed and faithful to the church. I already feel a strong love for them. 
Q. How is your new apartment?
It is huge. We have a big compound all to ourselves. The apartment has overhead fans (a serious blessing in Ghana), 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a giant living room, and nice tile floors. There is even a mango tree right outside our front door! 
Q. How is Elder Winborg?
He is back on his feet. He has returned to Kpong and is feeling much better. 
Q. What is the funniest thing that happened this week?
Last night as we were riding home from having FHE with some members we came to a dirt road with lots of bumps and hills. While riding along one of these hills my bike randomly decided to slip and I awkwardly fell over sideways for no apparent reason. Elder Beck was pretty confused. 
Q. What was your most spiritual moment of the week?
This week was filled with a lot of spiritual moments. One of the most memorable was during our transfer conference on Thursday. President Heid gave the closing prayer and pronounced a mission president's blessing upon all of the missionaries in attendance. The Spirit filled the room and I knew beyond a doubt that President Heid has been called of God to lead this mission. How blessed we are to have leaders whom the Lord calls and inspires.

Questions from Kurt:
Answer me these questions three:
What is your name?
Elder Radmall
What is your quest?
To seek eternal life. 
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
That depends. Is it an African or European swallow?

No comments:

Post a Comment