Pages

Monday, March 6, 2017

Happy Ghana Independence Day!

Having pizza after the missionary leadership council.

Hello family and friends!

Happy Ghana Independence Day!!

This week has been hard. We attended district council meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday we went down to the mission home to have some meetings there. After our meetings I had Dr. Anderson look at one of my knuckles that has been disturbing me since our crash. It turns out I had a cyst. Don't worry, he stabbed it with a big needle. In the midst of our meetings we have been trying to spend as much time as possible in our area teaching investigators and less active members. On Friday I woke up with a nasty cold and cough. I popped a couple of pills and bought some hard candies to suck on throughout the day. By Friday night my voice was almost completely gone. Saturday I woke up and loaded up on more pills and hard candies. On Sunday we had a lovely fast and testimony meeting despite my interrupting coughs. After church we ran to meet with the stake high councilor over missionary work. When we got back to our area we saw a few people before doing our weekly report. Last night I crashed. 

It was a hard week for me, but it was also an amazing week. This week I got to go out each day and invite people to come unto Christ. The Lord humbled me this week as he led us to people with trials and difficulties far larger than my own. But despite their harsh conditions they continue to smile and to laugh. They read their Bible each day and pray to their Heavenly Father. I love the people of Ghana. They teach me so much every day. Here are just a few of the people we saw this week.

Yaw- Brother Yaw is an investigator. He loves meeting with us and talking about the Gospel. He is in his mid-twenties. He recently lost his father which means that a lot of pressure has been placed on him to arrange for the funeral. This week we taught him about the Plan of Salvation. I think the Spirit testified to him that death is not the end and that he can see his father again one day. 

Bro. Watson- This is a member of our branch. He is hilarious. He is Jamaican, but spent almost his entire life in London working in a medical lab. He has retired and moved with his family to Ghana. His wife is from the Philippines. He has such a kind and giving heart. He is currently building a huge structure next to his house to give the youth somewhere to meet and play games for mutual. He has also employed many of the youth in a business he started selling fruit drinks. On Wednesday we went to the hospital with him to give a very sick sister a blessing. On our way out he gave her husband the money needed to pay for their bill. 

I was hoping to write about a few more people this week, but I will have to save them for next time. In other news, one of my investigators from Nungua who I taught for seven good months was baptized on Saturday!!! Brother Fortunate was finally able to overcome his Word of Wisdom problems. I heard that he was very happy. 

I love you all. Thanks as always for your love and support. I continue to pray for all of you. Have a great week! 

Love,
Elder Radmall

Today, March 6, is Ghana Independence Day.  Today they celebrate 60 years of independence from Britain.

Questions from Momma:
Q. How is your back?
It is doing much better! I can raise my head off of my pillow now and I can sleep laying on my back. Hopefully it will be back to normal soon. 
Q. Have you ever seen a crocodile?
Not in Ghana. I am still hoping it will happen though. 
Q. What made you laugh this week?
This week Elder Beck and I had a hilarious conversation about who we would choose to be companions with out of the Old Testament. Elisha would be bad because he would end up calling a bear out of the woods to eat anyone who insulted him. Moses has difficulty speaking. Jonah would refuse to leave the apartment. Nobody would be able to understand Isaiah. I think I would choose either Elijah or Joseph. It was a funny conversation. 
Q. What did you cook for dinner yesterday?
Yesterday I made vegetable stew and we ate it with rice. 
Q. What was your most spiritual moment of the week?
On Thursday President Heid set apart 4 missionaries in the middle of a meeting we were having. It was powerful to hear the blessings pronounced upon the individuals for their service. It reminded me of my own setting apart and the blessings pronounced upon me. 

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. Who killed the scorpion? You or a companion? And how did that go down?
Well, I was sitting on the toilet when I found it, and it was on the toilet paper... I kind of had to kill it. I took off my flip flop and gave it a good slap. 
Q. If you could eat anything in the world right now, what would it be?
A double cheeseburger meal with a large order of fries and a large mint Oreo milkshake. 
Q. What is your favorite word to use right now, English or otherwise?
The two words I use the most right now are "yo" and "sweet". 
Q. Do you still have an ingrown toenail?
Unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment