Pages

Monday, November 28, 2016

Give Thanks

 Sister Forgive's baptism
Me eating a bafloat  (like a big unglazed doughnut).

Hello Family and Friends!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!! I hope that you have all eaten yourselves sick. We did. More on that in a little bit. This week was just wonderful. One of the most memorable moments this week came as we were contacting. We met a man (named Bright) sitting on his porch without a shirt on. At first I didn't have high hopes in talking to him, but the Spirit had prompted us to speak with him. He quickly invited us into his home and gave us a seat. From that moment the Holy Ghost took over. We were given exactly the right words to say in that moment. As we spoke, this man opened up to us about his sincere desire to find the truth as taught by the Savior. The Lord had truly prepared this man to hear the message of the Restoration. He readily accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and promised to begin reading right away. I have have high hopes for him.

We also had a baptism on Sunday! Sister Forgive, who has learned with missionaries for many months, entered the waters and made the covenant to follow the Savior. It was an awesome service. We did it right after church and pretty much the entire branch was there. I am so happy for Forgive and I hope that she will be a light to the rest of her family. 

On Sunday our district got together to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was awesome! We all pitched in and bought a ridiculous amount of food. Ridiculous. We ate boiled yam and plantain, vegetable stew, fruit salad, some weird kind of potatoes and a ton of chicken. I soaked the chicken in some blended ginger, garlic, and onion the night before. It was sooo good! Then we had dessert. I made a chocolate and peanut butter (kind of) cake with chocolate frosting. We also had ice cream and hot fudge. We were sick that night. 

I have sadly received the news that I will be leaving Juapong. I just got here six weeks ago, but the Lord has seen fit to take me elsewhere. I won't be going far. My new area is Kpong. It is about thirty minutes from Juapong. I will so miss this place. I have grown to love these people so deeply in this short time. They have touched me and strengthened my testimony and faith in the Savior. How grateful I am that I was blessed to serve here.

I am grateful for all that my Heavenly Father has given me. I am grateful for the gift of life. I am grateful for the last 17 months I have spent among the blessed people of Ghana. I am grateful that each day I get to wake up knowing that I will spend that day in the service of God. I am grateful for trials and challenges which allow me to grow. I am grateful for my beloved family and friends. I can't say what my life would be like without any of you. Above all I am grateful for my Savior. He changes lives. He has changed mine and continues to do so each day. I feel Him strengthening me every moment. God is great! He loves us all and He pours out blessing upon us each day. We just need to open our eyes to see them. 

I love you all to pieces. Have a blessed week.
Love,
Elder Radmall

 Thanksgiving feast
Chocolate peanut butter cake

Questions from Mom:
Q. Do you still have any gloves to do laundry with?
Nah. It's not too bad though without them.
Q. Tell us about one branch member….
Sister Edem is an amazing woman in our branch. She is faithful and devoted the the Lord. She comes to everything. She has been a member for a few years now and has a great knowledge of the Gospel. She has put in her mission papers and should be leaving soon. She also loves to be sarcastic when she talks to me. So funny!
Q. Tell us about one investigator…
Brother Jerry and his family were referred to us by the RS president. Brother Jerry has some problems with alcohol, but this week we had an awesome lesson with him about the Word of Wisdom. He is committed to live it! His family lives along the Volta River. It is beautiful. 
Q. How is your health?
Great!
Q. What was your funniest moment of the week?
Elder Palmer and I soaked Elder Snell with water yesterday in honor of his birthday. It was awesome. 
Q. Who can we pray for?
You can pray for all of the wonderful members of Juapong. 
Q. What is your favorite thing about Juapong?
The beauty. The beauty of the people and the environment. 
Q, What new food have you tried this week?
Sweetened condensed milk mixed with crushed up cookies. Very healthy.
Q. Where does your branch meet?
In a rented building.
Q. Do you know who your new companion will be?
My new companion is Elder Howard. He is American. We were in the MTC at the same time.
Story from last week that I (Bryan's mom) forgot to include:
We got to watch an awesome broadcast yesterday with some sweet talks for the Africa West Area. I think my favorite was given by Elder Stevenson. He talked about how we can find joy as we serve, no matter our current circumstances. Then he shared that President Monson reports each week when he meets with first presidency and the twelve about the acts of service he has been giving to the elderly and afflicted. That was really cool to hear. He said President Monson is old, but he still attends and runs his meetings and magnifies his calling.

Some photos from the internet showing Bryan's new city:

Kpong meetinghouse

No comments:

Post a Comment