Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

From Drought to Flood

 Elder Palmer and the Watermelon Tree
Yep! (Juapong sunset.)

Hello beloved family and friends!
I hope that everyone is doing splendidly. Happy Halloween! A Holiday where you get to wear ridiculous costumes, eat lots of sugar, and watch scary movies. It doesn't get better than that. 
The power is kind of on and off today, so I will have to be fast. From the time I arrived here in Juapong up until Thursday we were without any running water. Let me tell you people, nothing makes you appreciate water more than living without it. Nah, it wasn't really too bad. We bought a bunch of water in plastic bags and used that. Here is your challenge for the week. Try showering with just one and a half liters of water. Then on Thursday as we were out proselyting the heavens decided to open and it poured rain. We ended up having to take cover on the porch of some random family. So we went from no water to more water than we could handle! I guess God has to do something to give Himself a good laugh every now and again. Don't worry though, our landlord called in some water trucks to fill up our tanks, so we have been doing better the last few days. 
This week I got to meet some of the members of our branch. They are awesome and very devoted to spreading the Gospel. The Juapong branch was created less than one year ago, so it is still pretty small with a lot of new members. I am excited to be a part of its growth. We also found some great new investigators this week. One of them is named Zacheous. He is very intelligent and loved the message of the Restoration. He is especially concerned with the many different interpretations of the Bible. We bore testimony to him that the Lord has blessed us in our days with prophets and apostles who receive revelation. Then we gave him the Book of Mormon and promised him that the book would bring clarity and understanding to the teaching of the Bible. He promised to start reading.
Saturday night poor Elder Palmer became violently ill. When I say violent, I mean it. So he spent most of the night going from his bed to the toilet. On Sunday he still felt pretty bad, so we sadly had to miss out on church. Don't worry, he is doing much better today. Elder Palmer is very funny and smart and I love being his companion. 
That's all for this week. I guess that wasn't too short. Woops. Anyways, I love you all to pieces. God lives and wants to bless His children if they will but come unto Him. I can never thank Him enough for the showers of blessings He pours upon me daily. I hope you all have a week full of His tender mercies.
Love,

Elder Radmall

 Selfie time in our new apartment.
Stranded in the rain.

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. How many people will you be teaching in your new area?
I think we can get a lot of people here. It will take a couple of weeks, but we will be teaching the masses!
Q. What is the most beautiful thing about your new area?
All of the trees and the mountains! We are also just a few minutes from the lovely Volta River. 
Q. How many people are in the ward or branch?
I think they get about 30 people on Sundays. Apparently we get to give talks and teach every Sunday.

Q. Are there any types of stores or markets out there? Where do you buy your food?
We have a market and lots of little shops along the road. No more KFC though!
Questions from Mom:
Q. Did you play the keyboard/piano at church?
I might next week.
Q. How many mosquito bites do you have?  (Please wear your repellant!!)
I haven't really had any since coming here actually.
Q. What new and unusual experience did you have this week?
The person running against Mahama to be president of Ghana passed here this week, so that was new. This place went crazy!
Q. What is the funniest thing that happened this week?
One day after we bought our lunch we turned around to walk back to our apartment and found ourselves looking at a very much naked man walking down the street. Elder Palmer kind of jumped when he saw it. I don't think the man noticed though. I laughed at Elder Palmer for a few minutes. 
Q. What was your most spiritual experience this week?
I think it was being led by the Holy Ghost to those who were ready to hear our message. That always builds my faith. 
Q.  How many Elders and Sisters are in Juapong?
Just the two of us. We cover some smaller towns around us as well.

A sweet note and photos from Bryan's former companion, Elder Kallon:
Hello Mommy How is life I hope every thing is good Long time.
I want you to know that i miss your son so so much he was my strange (strength)
that help me to be strong on my mission,my greeting to every one in the
family. 




Elder Kambwiri, Elder Bodily, Elder Kallon

Elder Radmall is serving in the area where the movie Freetown was filmed.  This is the Adomi Bridge which is seen at the end of the movie.  Bryan crossed over this bridge to get to Juapong.

No comments:

Post a Comment