Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Let Go of the Nut

Hello Family and Friends!

I hope you are all doing fantastic. This week was exhausting and wonderful, as most weeks as a missionary are. We taught an awesome investigator named Moses about the Book of Mormon. He was not pleased with it at all. No matter what we said or taught he was not willing to accept that he needs anything other than the Bible. I finally told him to try reading it for just one week and to see how it made him feel. He agreed. I will let you know how that goes! I have been trying to read the Book of Mormon every day as well. I just love that book. It brings the Spirit each and every time I open it. I know that it is true and will bring anyone who reads it with real intent closer to the Savior.

Church yesterday we amazing! They did a broadcast for the entire West Africa Area. The speakers were Elder Clayton, Sister Stephens, Elder Dube, and Elder Stevenson. Their talks were all soooo good. Each of them has recently traveled to this part of the world and they shared some great experiences. There was an underlying theme of turning to the Savior for relief from our burdens and sorrows. Elder Dube (if you haven't heard him speak, go and look him up) shared an awesome story about some men who wanted to trap monkeys in Africa. If they used a net it would hurt the monkeys. They came up with a box with a nut inside. The monkeys would reach in to take the nut, but once they had grabbed it their fist would be too large to withdraw. Even when they saw the trappers closing in on them, they refused to let go of the nut. Then Elder Dube said, with his awesome accent, "Let go of the nut!" 

I wanted to write more, but alas, time is short. I love you all a whole bunch! You guys are the best cheer squad I could ever have. I love my Savior and I know that He lives and loves us all. With Him all things can be overcome. Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. What are you eating for Thanksgiving?
Hahahaha! Just you wait and see. I will send pictures. :)
Q. Any bugs in your bed lately? :)
Nope. Just in the kitchen, on the table, and all over the floor. And they just fumigated our apartment!
Q. What is the weirdest thing you saw or experienced this week?
Besides more naked people? I also saw someone with a pet monkey! (Bryan says most of the naked people they see are homeless men. He said it is very sad.)

Questions from Mom:
Q. Tell us about one of the primary children you have taught…
There is an awesome boy named Isaac who comes to church every Sunday with Brother Linus. None of his family are members, but he loves the church and singing hymns. 
Q. What is one word you have learned in Ewe?
Mia dogo. (We will meet)
Q. How often do members feed you?
Not too much as far as food is concerned, but they feed me with their testimonies almost daily! 
Q. How did Brother Linus hike with you – I thought he had been in a motorcycle accident?
Yep. That guy is a trooper. We asked to borrow a cutlass and he insisted that he was coming with us.
Q. Why did you take pillows to the zone conference?  What will they be used for?
It is for the mission to supply to new missionaries.
Q. Funniest moment of the week?
Listening to Elder Dube talk in his crazy Kenyan accent.
Q. A spiritual experience you might like to share?

This week I was very touched as I read the story of the Widow's Mite. She gave all she had to God. I have things that I am still holding back, things to work on. The Lord has given us everything, so why can't we give the small part we are capable of back to Him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment