Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Ghana is great; God is greater!

Hello beloved family and friends!
          Am I not the most blessed man alive? I get to spend all of my time and energy serving the true and living God. I spend each day walking among some of the most humble and loving people in the whole world. Each morning I wake up and treasure up in my mind the words of eternal life. Then I get to go and share those words with my brothers and sisters. I have an amazing family and wonderful friends, back home and around the world, who love me and pray for me. And best of all, I get to represent He whom I love most, Jesus Christ. Could my life really get any better?? Though at times there are challenges. The sun may be scorching. Some may reject us. I may be physically and mentally tired. But God has given us a way to overcome all. Truly, God is great.
          This week on Tuesday I texted our mission nurse about my ingrown toe nail. She immediately called us and said we should go straight to the area office so I could have them fix it. So that's just what we did. Dr. Andersen (the area medical advisor from Alaska) cut off my toe. Well, at least he cut it open. Now my toe is feeling much better.
          On Wednesday as we stood outside a members house trying to decide what to get for lunch, the member inside overheard us. She stuck her head outside the window and said, "If you don't know where to go then you better come in and sit down." She had her son prepare us some amazing rice and stew. Later that night we went to another member's home to teach an investigator. The member told us that we had better stick around after the lesson. They fed us banku with some delicious okre stew AND gave us some stirfry and noodles to take home. The SAME NIGHT on our way home a member called us and told us to stop by. She gave us a big bag of rice and a container full of stew she prepared for us. What tender mercies!
          Finally, on Saturday we were able to witness the baptism of Gabriel. Gabriel is the nephew of some strong members in our ward. We have been teaching him for a few weeks now. Not only was it his baptism day, but it happened to be his birthday! Naturally I had to prepare some brownies for the baptism. They were a big hit. On Sunday Gabriel was confirmed and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
          That is about it from this week. I love serving the Lord and doing His work. There are miracles all around us from day to day if we will just look for them. I am so gratefully for my family and friends and I love you all so much. I can never thank you enough for all of the prayers, thoughts, and letters. It means the world to me. I hope that you all have a blessed week!
Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. When do you get to go to the temple next?
Who knows? Hopefully soon. I think President Heid will try to get my companion in there because he is without a temple in his own country.
Q. What was the best lesson you taught to someone this week?
This week we taught Sister Michelle about the Book of Mormon. She is a single mother who has been sick for a while with some kidney problems. Elder Kallon and I both bore powerful witness of the BofM and the power it has to bring peace to our lives. I think she felt the Spirit and that she will read.
Q. What are you most looking forward to this week?
This week I am looking forward to just going out and sharing the Gospel!

Questions from Christie:
Q. What was the hardest part of your week?
I suppose just having people cancel on us. This week it happened a lot.
Q. What did you cook this week?
Home made brownies and lots of rice!
Q. What was the funniest part of your week?
The funniest part of my week was watching the bishop's son, Kwadjo, run around the sacrament hall yelling at the top of his lungs with his hands up in the air. 
Q. Who made your week better?
Sister Adjei! This week she just spoiled us nonstop. 
Q. Who can we pray for this week?
Any prayers on behalf of my companion would be much appreciated.
Q. What is the strangest thing you saw this week?
The strangest thing I saw was definitely somebody cutting my toe open. In the surgery, after the doctor numbs your toe, you can just watch while he cuts out part of the nail. It was awesome. My companion was rather horrified.

Questions from Momma:
Q. What is your favorite companion story this week?
Elder Kallon told me about helping the Red Cross during the Ebola crisis. He got to wear one of those big airtight suits and to enter one of the treatment facilities. What?! I might get Ebola.
Q. How did angels watch over you this week?
This week angels helped me find joy despite some homesickness and disappointments.
Q. How is Sister Heid?
She is starting to recover!
Q. What new word in Twi did you learn this week?  Can you speak in Twi and have people understand you?
I can't think of any new words I learned this week, but I can speak quite a bit of Twi and I can pick out a lot of things that people say in Twi. I have one more year to become fluent.
Q. Tell me about one interesting person in your ward--
The Imo's- They are a family from Nigeria. Brother Imo works for the church. Man, people in Ghana who work for the church are stinking rich! Anyways, last Saturday we were able to go and visit them in their home. Sister Imo is so much fun and she will talk your ears right off. Brother Imo, I learned, flies to every single world cup. He is obsessed with soccer. 
Q. Tell me about one interesting investigator--
Sister Selena- She works at a shop owned by a member in our ward. She is in the process of learning English, and she can't always understand what I say, but she has such a sincere desire to learn. She has been attending literacy classes at our chapel. With some help from the Book of Mormon picture book, she is progressing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment