Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A New Companion


Hello Dearest People!
          I have no time today, so I will keep this brief! On Tuesday we went to the mission home where I said farewell to Elder Kambwiri. I will sure miss him. He was a great companion. Right after that we had a meeting with all of the trainers, trainees, and President Heid. There we were given our new companions. My companion is... Elder Kallon! He is from Sierra Leone. He has been a member of the church for 7 years. He was the first of his family to join, but his 3 sisters followed after his footsteps. His parents have both passed away and a couple of weeks ago he was able to participate in their temple ordinances. He submitted his papers to serve a mission over two years ago, but because of Ebola he had to wait for his call all that time. He is 26 years old and he loves cooking and eating. He is super funny and we are going to be great friends. I am so grateful to serve beside him and to learn from his example in the coming weeks. 
          This week I was overwhelmed by the love I feel for the people of Ghana. I realized that God has blessed me to see them for who they really are, His sons and daughters. They are an amazing people full of love and charity. Although many of them face challenges beyond anything I ever have or perhaps ever will experience, they hold fast to their faith in God and it brings them joy. No matter how great or tiny their earthly treasures are, they know that they have God. They know that they can turn to Him in any moment. I add my own witness to theirs that God lives. Jesus Christ is His son and our Savior. As we put our faith in them we will find peace. I know they love each of us, and I love them with all that I am. 
          I love and miss you all sooo much. I pray that you have a blessed week and know that I am praying for you!
Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. How is the weather this week?
This week we had almost no rain which means it got very hot. It wasn't too bad though.
Q. What is the best thing that happened to you this week?
Going to church yesterday. I was just filled with joy as I went about greeting members and investigators and feeling God's love for them.
Q. How is your new companion?
He is great! This morning he insisted upon helping me with washing my clothes.
Q. How were transfers?
Exciting and chaotic as usual. A lot of missionaries moved to new areas.

Questions from Christie:
Q. What made you laugh this week?
My new companion and all of his funny stories. He loves to tell stories about Sierra Leone.
Q. How is your bike?
Okay. This week the seat broke. I will try to get it fixed tomorrow.
Q. Who made your life better this week?
Elder Kallon. He is always looking for ways to serve me.
Q. Who did you serve this week?
Some missionaries were stranded near our apartment this week, so we let them come and sleep at our apartment and in the morning we all had pancakes. Delicious.
Q. What was the best lesson you taught this week?
We taught a young man named Gabriel. He is staying with his aunt and uncle who are very strong members. We taught him about prayer and the Book of Mormon. We shared scriptures, bore testimony, and invited his cousin to share her testimony. It all added up to be a very powerful lesson. 
Q. What is your favorite scripture this week?
Genesis 1:26

Questions from Mom:
Q. What might surprise us this week about Ghana that we don’t know?
In Ghana goat meat is their absolute favorite. It is the most expensive meat you can get.
Q. How has God been in the details of your life this week?
He has guided in every moment by the Spirit. Whether things went my way or not, He showed me the best way.
Q. What is the greatest lesson you have learned on your mission thus far?
If you want to know the Savior better, and to draw closer to Him, obey. That is what He did from the beginning, and that is what He has asked of us. It is the greatest sign of our love for Him.

(No photos this week - the power was more off than on while Bryan tried to email!!  That is life in Ghana for the many people who live there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment