Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

Baptizing the Masses

Baptism of Princess

Temple time. 
(Elder Kambwiri's given name is Gift!)

Hello dearest family and friends!
          I hope you all have had an outstanding week. My week has been spectacular and full of blessings! I will share just a few. On Tuesday we had zone training. It was an awesome meeting. We talked all about repentance and how important it is both for us as missionaries and for those we teach. Repentance is change. It is turning from our own desires and focusing instead on the will of the Lord. Without it, we remain in our "carnal and fallen state". With it, we become "new creatures" and powerful instruments in the hands of God. What a blessing to be able to continually work towards becoming like our Heavenly Father.
          Thursday morning we received a call from the other missionaries in our district. They informed us that President Heid had invited our whole district to attend the temple that day. We cancelled all of our appointments and headed out into the rain to get a trotro to the temple. The temple is simply amazing. I love the opportunity to learn and to feel of the Lord's love each time I enter that sacred place. I felt especially peaceful as I sat in the Celestial Room and reflected upon how our Heavenly Father perceives His children. I read in Matthew where the woman with an issue of blood touches the hem of the Savior's robe. Immediately she is healed. I realized that that is what God wants for each of us. He wants us to reach out towards the Savior that we may be made whole. The temple is truly the House of the Lord.
         Friday we had a very successful day of proselyting with some awesome lessons. We met with Benjamin (one of the barbershop boys) and as we were talking with him I felt a strong impression that we needed to teach him about the Word of Wisdom. I was pretty hesitant because I know he has some problems with drinking alcohol, and I didn't want to offend him. But the impression kept coming, so I finally submitted and we taught it to him. It ended up being a great lesson and he committed to try and follow the Lord's commandment.
          On Saturday we had the awesome chance to witness the baptism of Princess. She is the nine year old grandchild of Sister Theresa (whom we baptized the week before). She is so adorable and very intelligent. The missionary who interviewed her for baptism said she knew exactly what to say for each question. I think she was very happy to be baptized and then to receive the Holy Ghost the following day. I even gave her that greatest gift I could think of. I gave her a pack of Skittles. Brings a new meaning to the song "I Love to Look for Rainbows".
          That is about all for this week. This Saturday we are planning to baptize two more investigators, so stay tuned to find out what happens! And also a SUPER Happy Father's Day to my pops and to all of the dads out there. Thanks for your awesome example and love towards your family. I love you dad!
          I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of the world. No matter what is happening in our lives we can turn to Him and find peace. He has overcome all things. With Him we have no need to fear. I love and miss you all and I pray that you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Radmall

 Sister Theresa's family
Birthday dinner and package.

Questions from Christie:
Q. What made you laugh this week?
When I slipped in the mud playing ultimate Frisbee. I was pretty filthy after that.
Q. How was your birthday!?
It was super!
Q. What was your favorite scripture this week?
All of Alma chapter 5. It teaches all about repentance and the power of the Atonement to change us.
Q. What was the hardest question an investigator asked you this week?
We have one investigator who lives with some members. When we asked if she had any questions she started asking about temple sealings and why someone can be sealed to more than one person. I have never heard that from an investigator before.
Q. What brought you joy this week?
I was invited to help confirm Princess on Sunday. After the prayer she grabbed my hand and forced me to walk her back to her seat. That brought a smile to my face.
Q. What was hard this week?
Riding through the mud and trying to keep my clothes clean. I didn't succeed. 

Questions from Mom:
Q. What angels watched over you this week?
The angels that inspired President Heid to invite us to the temple.
Q. Tell us about one of your investigators:
Right now we are teaching a middle aged woman named Joyce. She was taught by missionaries a couple of years ago. A couple of months ago she called out to us as we were passing on our bikes and told us she wanted to start meeting. She is so funny and totally open about how she feels. She loves the church and we are planning for her baptism this Saturday!
Q. How many hours a day do you have power?
Our power right now only goes off for a few hours everyday. It is just unpredictable though. Saturday we were without power all day.
Q. What do you do for light when the power is out?
We have some chargeable lamps in our apartment.
Q. What did you do for your birthday?
I had french toast for breakfast and then ate junk food all day. In the evening I had fried rice and brownies and opened my packages. I think the best part of the day was getting to spend some time with Sis. Theresa's family. We went there for Princess to have her baptismal interview.
Q. Did my package come?
It did! Thanks soooo much. It was absolutely wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment