Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

Finding People and Blessings

Missionary Dinner

Hello Family and Friends!
          It has been a great week in Nungua!  I am starting to learn the area, and I have already formed some great friendships with members here.  With Elder Kambwiri and I both being so new to the area, we have had some difficulty finding people to teach.  This week we really put a focus on finding new people, and the Lord blessed our efforts.  We met a lot of wonderful people and were able to set up times to share the message of the Restoration with them. One really cool experience came on Saturday evening. We were at a chopbar (small "restaurant") grabbing a bite to eat when I felt a prompting to go and see a man named Elijah. We had tried to meet with him earlier in the week with no success. I wasn't too sure about it, but we had nothing else planned for the next hour so we went for it. When we arrived at his place we found him sitting outside having a discussion with a member of our ward who lives nearby him. We were able to sit down and have a great lesson with him about the Savior and His church. Isn't God just the best!
          I am excited to continue to grow close to the members and the people of Nungua.  On Sunday the Lord really blessed us as five investigators attended church.  Our ward was great in making them feel welcome and loved. We are planning to baptize a few of them this month if all goes well. The Sabbath was a delight!
          I love my dear companion, Elder Kambwiri.  We come from such different backgrounds, but we have been able to form a strong connection to each other.  I am so excited for the opportunity to continue serving with and learning from him.  He is so kind to everyone and his laugh brightens others' days.  
          I love my Savior and I am so grateful to be able to serve Him. This week I have really been focusing on learning about Him in the scriptures and it has made such a big difference.  I love His perfect example and I strongly desire to be more like Him everyday.  
          An interesting experience this week. We stopped to contact an old man just sitting alone outside. As we introduced ourselves and told him we had a message to share he became very angry with us. "You want to teach me?! Your elder?! I should be the one teaching you!" We calmly replied that we knew our message could bless him if he would hear it. He refused. We kept talking and in the end he warmed up to us. We gave him a pamphlet and he thanked us as we were leaving.
          The city definitely has its perks. On Saturday I took Elder Kambwiri out for some delicious pizza. It wasn't Papa John's, but it was the best thing ever to an American who has been living in Ghana for 9 months. We have also been getting a lot of ice cream cones at KFC. They are actually really cheap. It's the perfect treat after spending a few hours in the sun. The down side of Nungua is the cockroaches. Our apartment has a really bad infestation. It's to the point that I have to shake out my clothes before I put them on just to be sure there are no hitchhikers. Pretty gross.
          Well that is about all for this week. I am so grateful for the chance to be a missionary for my Savior. I am forever grateful for the love and support I receive from all of you. You guys are just the best. Have a blessed week and influence someone's life in a good way. I love you all!
Love,
Elder Radmall

 Pizza!!
A giant snail found outside the apartment.


Questions from Momma:
Q. Did you get to hear conference?
Sadly, no. I think I will get to see it in a few weeks. It should be better here in Accra than it was in the bush where I had to wait for like three months.
Q. Do you need more sunscreen?
I have some. I just need to remember to put it on.
Q. How many discussions did you teach this week?
Not too many. Only about 8. For Ghana that is pretty low. But I can't complain. They were great lessons.
Q. Funniest moment of the week?
We were eating at a members house and their very energetic little boy was running around the room just being a boy. Then he saw us eating fish and he started yelling "fish people!" Now he calls us that whenever we see him. It was hilarious.
Q. When did you feel the spirit strongest this week?
I think at church on Sunday as the ward members bore powerful testimony of the Savior and His Atonement.
Q. Do I need to send you protein bars or food?
No. Protein bars and food are very good, but there is no need to spend all of that money sending them here. I will just eat ice cream at KFC. I can even buy peanut butter at the mall here!

No comments:

Post a Comment