Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

One Third! (Bryan is 1/3 of the way through his mission. He has been gone 8 months.)

Dear Family and Friends,
          It has been a great week! I am sorry, I don't have much time. I will have to keep this short. Koforidua is great! I love this city so much. At times I get irritated or annoyed with little things here, but I will truly miss this place and its wonderful people when I go. It has become a second home to me. God has blessed me with so many miracles here in Koforidua. We had a great week of proselyting. I especially loved working with one of our recent converts, Bro. Dennis. It was awesome to see him being strengthened as he shared his testimony with others. We are teaching a younger lady named Cecilia. She is so nice and she has accepted our teachings thus far. She even gave us some little cakes after our first lesson with her! Wow!
          I have realized this week that I need to be more grateful for all of the little things God has blessed me with. I will dedicate the rest of this letter to sharing some of those things. God has blessed me by sending me to Ghana! This place and the great people here have truly humbled me. I am grateful for my wonderful companion, Elder Itepu. He has sacrificed a lot to leave his family and his home to serve in Ghana. It isn't easy for him. Most of his family are not members. He is a great example of courage. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and the chance I have to read it each day. It strengthens me constantly. I am grateful for my beautiful family and friends. They spoil me so much and I don't deserve them, but God has blessed me with them all the same! I am grateful above all else for my Savior who has done nothing but to love me perfectly despite my failures and imperfections. I love Him.
          Thank you all so much for your continued support. Have a super week and know that I love you all!

Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. What are you looking forward to this week?
I am looking forward to the cereal and milk I just bought at the only real store in Koforidua! I am also looking forward to having more lessons with Cecilia.
Q. What was the best day you had last week?
Sunday was great! I loved church and the spirit that was there.
Q. When do transfers happen again?
Not until the end of this month.
Q. What is your night time routine like when you get home before bed?
We get home around 8 or 8:30 and plan for the next day. Then we throw something together for dinner and get ready for bed. Oh! And we wash if we need to.
Q. How are your shoes holding up?
They are doing really well! And my feet have gotten used to them it seems.
Q. What was he best thing you cooked this week?
This week we made yam and agushi stew! (don't ask me what agushi is, I don't know) It was great!
(Various Egusi (also called agusi, agushi, egushi) soups are favorites in Western Africa.  The soup is thickened with flour ground from seeds of a species of Cucurbitaceae (which includes gourds, melons, pumpkins, and squashes, many of which are native to Africa.)  In Western Africa, these plants and seeds, as well as soups and stews made with them, are called Egusi, and this is the name most commonly used outside of Africa.)



Questions from Mom
Q. How many investigators do you currently have?
We have about 6 progressing investigators. We have about 16 investigators overall.
Q. What lesson has been powerful this week?
We had many powerful lessons with our recent convert, Bro. Dennis. He bore powerful testimony of how the Gospel and the Book of Mormon have blessed his life.
Q. What made you laugh this week?
The sisters in our district. They are so funny and sarcastic! 
Q. What new food did you try this week?
There is a nice restaurant in Koforidua called Linda Dor. I found out today that they sell nice sandwiches for just 5 cedis! I will be buying a lot of those. I am not sure what kind of meat was on it, but it was good.
Q. Who can we pray for in Ghana?
Maybe you could remember Sis. Rosslyn in your prayers. She has been very sick the last week. She is in a hospital in Accra.

No comments:

Post a Comment