Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Rodents of Unusual Size

Proselyting with studs (Bro. Badoo, Elder Itepu, Bro. Dennis)

Dear Family and Friends,
          The Lord blessed us with so much this week.  We have a lot of investigators who are really progressing right now.  I love hearing that investigators have kept their commitments to read and pray.  I know that this will bring them to a knowledge of the truth if they carry on with diligence.  Another of the blessings we received this week was Brother Asomoah, who just returned to our branch from his mission in Nigeria.  Several members of his family are not members of the church, so he brought them along on Sunday and introduced them to us.  We were able to have a great lesson with them that very day!  Part member families truly are a gold mine.  We will make them a major focus this week. We are teaching a wonderful sister named Juliet. She is a single mom with a four year old boy. She sells rice by the side of the road and she has pretty much nothing as far as material possessions are concerned. And yet, she is always smiling and serving others. Every time we come to teach her she forces us to eat for free. She struggles a bit to read and speak English, but I have faith that she will be able to grow in her knowledge of the Gospel and to one day be baptized. I realize the hand of the Lord in my life more each and every week.  I know that He is truly watching over this work of saving souls.  He has a perfect plan for each of His children.  I just pray that I am doing all I can to help in His work and His glory. 
          We had an awesome Zone Training on Tuesday that lasted for five hours! It was really long, but it was also a great experience. One of the most eventful things this week came in the form of an awful smell. Our bedroom smelt like a sewage plant. I couldn't figure out why though. Well, a few weeks ago we bought some rat poisoning to take care of some unwanted friends in the apartment. When we pulled out our wardrobe we discovered a giant dead rat. That explained the bad smell! Now I can sleep in peace again.
          Well, that's about all for this week. I am so grateful for all of you and your continued support and prayers. They do make a difference. I feel it each day. I love and miss all of you people! have a great week.
Love,
Elder Radmall

Koforidua market

Questions from Momma:
Q. Besides soccer, what games do the Ghanians like to play?
They really like basketball and volleyball. Those games just tend to require a little more of a setup than soccer.
Q. Who plays piano or keyboard at church?
We have a young man named Neal who plays. Another young man named Emmanuel leads the singing and the branch choir. They are awesome.
Q. What angels have watched over you this week?
There was one time when a car just about flattened me on my bike, but I seemed to skid to a stop before I even pressed the brakes. Either angels or my imagination. Take your pick.
Q. Have you been an angel to anyone this week?
I don't know if I have been an angel to anyone this week, but we have a lady named Momma B who runs a shop by us. Whenever we pass by and she needs help closing we do that. I also tried to cheer up Sister Rosslyn by calling her in the hospital.
Q. How has the spirit prompted you this week?
While we were in Nkurakan the Spirit nudged me to walk up to a certain house. There was a wonderful lady washing clothes there, and she agreed to let us sit and teach her!
Q. Funniest moment this week?
I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. As I was lying there, I heard Elder Itepu saying "Enye easyo" in his sleep. That means "It's not easy" in Twi. I laughed myself to sleep.

Questions from TeriAnny:
Q. What's the weather like now?
Today it poured rain! It seems that dry season has finally ended.
Q. How is Sister Rosslyn?
She is doing well and should be able to come home this week.
Q. Are you feeling like you will stay in Koforidua or feeling like you will move on?
I think I will be transferred, but Sister Rosslyn says I will stay, and she has the spirit of prophesy.
Q. Will you go to Accra this month?
Maybe if President Heid lets us go to the temple with our branch!
Q. What are your goals this week?
To be more Christlike. More specifically to search for more chances to serve those around me.
Q. How are your toes doing?
Splendid. They don't complain to much.
Q. Have you see any weird bugs or animals lately?
Nope. I do have these little ants crawling on me pretty much all day every day though. I don't like it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment