Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Bring on the heat!

 Bird by our apartment.
Elder Sarkodie

Dear Family and Friends,
          I hope that you all had an outstanding week! It was yet another great week in the Lord's vineyard.  This week we had a few things trying to distract us from the work, (broken bikes, forgetting our keys at the apartment, etc.) but we didn't let that stop us.  We were able to do a lot of great finding this week and ended up with a lot of new investigators to work with over the coming week.  It has been harder for us to get members to help us lately as so many of them are involved in schooling, but we still have some great people to work with.  It really does make the biggest difference in the world to have them there to testify of how the Gospel has blessed them. I love my companion, and I am so grateful for his decision to serve a mission. I know it isn't easy for him. Neither of his parents are members and he doesn't really get many letters from home, but still he remains happy and upbeat. He is a great example to me.
          This week nothing too eventful happened. On Wednesday we had district council and we made pancakes and smoothies for the whole district. It was so good. Smoothies made from the freshest and sweetest fruit on earth. Yum. I also finally got my poor bike fixed this week. The handlebars and the chain have been pretty busted for a few weeks. Now that it is fixed biking has become to easy. It doesn't even feel like I am exercising anymore. 
          Ghana has become hot. Really uncomfortably hot. Even the other Africans complain that the sun in Ghana is too much for them. I am nonstop covered in sweat. When I wake up in the morning I am sweaty. When I go to bed at night I am sweaty. When I get out of the shower I start sweating. I suppose that is just life in Ghana though! I am actually pretty used to it now. Sweat is just a part of my life I need to accept. Truly, by the sweat of my brow shall I preach the Gospel! It is well worth it.
          I love you all so much and I thank you with all of my heart for your love and support. Your prayers are noticed and appreciated. Keep being great. The Gospel changes lives!
Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from Mom:
Q. Where are the Taylor’s from?
They are from some small town in Utah.
Q. How did you like the fajita mixes I sent?
I haven't used them yet, but I am excited to!
Q. Who fixed your bike?
A member in the Adweso branch. He always does it.
Q. What lesson did you teach this week that touched you and the one you were teaching?  What gospel principle were you teaching?
We had a powerful lesson about the law of chastity with one of our progressing investigators. He is living with his fiance and their two kids. He truly wants to repent and keep the commandments. We will see if they can possibly get married soon.
Q. What fruits/vegetables do they have in Ghana that we do not have in America?
Cassava, (used for banku and fufu) contombre, (used for stew) and pawpaw! We might have those in America, but I haven't seen them before.
Q. Do you ever see monkey’s?
Not really. I have only seen two since being here. Hopefully I will see more though. 
Q. When did you feel the spirit this week?
As I took the sacrament in church. I can't say how truly grateful I am for the sacrament.
Q. What would you most like sent in a package?
Anything sweet and delicious. 

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. How many missionaries live in your apartment right now?
Four.
Q. Did you try any new foods this week that you loved?
There is a kind of porridge here they call coco. You can always find it in the mornings and they mix it with some sugar. The twist is that it has ginger in it. Once you get used to it though it is really good! Ghanaians like ginger a little too much.
Q. What was the highlight of your week?
This week it was going to church. I just love feeling the spirit there and witnessing the wonderful and faithful saints here in Ghana.
Q. What is the weather/temperature like right now?
Too hot!!! And the humidity is returning. Please send snow!
Q. When will you go to Accra next?
I have no idea. Right now I have no planned trips there.

No comments:

Post a Comment