Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

American in Ghana

 Pounding fufu for dinner.
 Sister Maduakolam and Bryan with the branch mission leader.
 District sisters.
Final photo with the Browns, a senior couple from Australia, and Bryan's guardian angels.

Dearly beloved family and friends,
          This has been a spectacular week! Nothing too out of the ordinary happened, but I guess that's a good thing. Elder Itepu and I were able to start teaching some great new people and we are preparing three people for baptism at the end of this month! We even had three investigators at church on Sunday. God is just too good to me. I find that I tend to get too caught up in the small things in life. This week I have tried to take some time to stand back and see the hand of God in my life. He blesses me with little miracles each and every day. I mean, just the fact that I haven't managed to seriously hurt myself yet is amazing. He truly does send angels to lift us up and carry us through our trials.
          This week we will prepare to travel to Accra on Wednesday. Elder Vinson, first counselor in the Africa West Area presidency, is conducting a tour of our mission. He wants to speak to us, so we get to go hear him. I am excited, because riding in a trotro means I can sleep for a couple hours! Oh, and because I get to hear a member of the seventy speak to us. That is also cool. 
          This week our branch president's wife brought rice water to our Saturday morning cleaning. They cook rice with too much water and then they add sugar and evaporated milk. It is the best breakfast ever! (besides cereal) My bike has been broken for a couple of weeks. The handle bar is loose and it kind of slides from side to side. How exciting! This week our district said goodbye to Sister Maduakolam, the only one who had served in Koforidua longer than me! We have been together a long time and I will miss her.
         I love you all so much!

Love, 
Elder Radmall

No comments:

Post a Comment