Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

Goodbye and Hello


Bryan's district with Elder and Sister Brown from Australia and Brother Bodine from Lindon.


Sister Rosslyn and Sister Janet with Elder Grissignon. They are earthly angels who watch over Bryan and feed him regularly.


Deny's Baptism

Dear family and friends (and other random people reading this),
          What a crazy week! I feel like I say that every week. Elder Grissignon, my dear trainer, has officially gone to Accra. I don't think I will see him again before he returns to Ivory Coast. I am going to miss that guy, and I am so grateful for the wonderful companion he has been. Tomorrow I will travel to Accra to pick up my brand new trainee! I am excited and slightly nervous. I take comfort in the knowledge that God will put me whoever He knows I need to be with. 
          Despite the fact that my companion left this week, we were able to accomplish a lot. On Tuesday President Heid had us spend four hours to do a mission deep cleaning. I was so grateful! Our apartment is cleaner now than I have ever seen it. It looks good (for an apartment in Ghana that is). I love the opportunity we have to teach so many wonderful people. I especially loving teaching families. Every time I teach a principle I feel my own testimony being strengthened. On Friday we went on an exchange and so I was with Elder Johnson, my MTC companion! He is in my zone. It was great to catch up with him and to remember all of the delicious food we had at the MTC. Because it was Elder Grissignon's last week, lots of people wanted to feed us! I am always excited to get free food. I especially enjoyed the rice balls made by Sister Janet. I ate until I was about to die. The crowning moment of my week was seeing dear Brother Deny being baptized. I felt the spirit so strongly through the service, and I am so excited for him to be able to continue down the road he has started on.
          Ghana has made me more grateful for air conditioning. It is the best feeling in the world to come home to a nice cool house after a hard day of working in the sun. I can't wait to enjoy that again when I get home. But the mission is great to provide us with fans in our apartment, so it isn't all that bad. Man, I complain way too much. I apologize for being a whiner. I will repent and do better to find joy in the journey.
          I want you all to know that I love being a servant of the Lord in His vineyard. There is no greater work on earth. I love my Savior and I am so grateful for the strength we can receive by relying upon His Atonement. I love all of you and I continue to pray for you. I hope that you have a splendid week!
Love, Elder Radmall

Questions from TeriAnn:

Q. Did you watch conference yet?
Nope. Still waiting. :(
Q. Where is your new companion from?
I will find out tomorrow!
Q. Are you nervous to take on Ghana on your own?
Heck yes! But I know that God will provide a way.
Q. Have you picked up any new ties yet?
Yes. One from my trainer and one from Elder Johnson. Elder Johnson gave me a red one in honor of the Utes.
Q. What is your new title?
District Leader. 
Q. What are your responsibilities? 
I conduct our district council each week and I call to get a weekly report from each companionship in the district. Then I report to the zone leaders. I am also supposed to look after the sisters in our district and make sure they are doing well.
Q. What was the coolest thing that happened this week?
Q. Witnessing Brother Deny's baptism! And people feeding us a LOT of free food. 
What was the hardest thing that happened this week?
Saying goodbye to my man, Elder Grissignon.
Q. What was your greatest blessing this week?
Taking the sacrament. Heavenly Father blessed me to feel of the Spirit and of my Savior's love. How great!
Q. What are you most grateful for this week?
I am grateful for the comfort I can find through reading the scriptures.
Q. What are you looking forward to this week?
Meeting my new companion!

Questions from momma.
Q.  How was your baptism today?
It was super! I love seeing people make this change for good in their lives.
Q. What is your favorite scripture for the week?
Alma 7: 11-12. Please read it.
Q. What new experience have you had this week?
Sleeping in the my room by myself. It felt very strange.
Q. Will you be going to Accra to get your new companion?
Yep. Tomorrow.
Q. Do dead bodies lay by the side of the road until the families come to claim them?  (Elder Pace mentioned this in his book!!)
Q. I haven't seen that yet. They do keep them in a mortuary for several weeks before burying them though.
Q. What is one thing we might all like to know about Ghana?
There are randomly HUGE lines of ants marching across the road. It's cool and really scary at the same time. Thousands of big ants united in purpose.
Q. How is your new scripture cover?
It's great! Other missionaries want to steal it from me. Thanks for sending it!

No comments:

Post a Comment