Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Ghana Rocks!

Dear family and friends,
         
        Holy sweet Moses!!! Ghana is fantastic! Ghana is also the most difficult thing that has ever happened to me. It is humbling me like crazy! And I can honestly say that I am loving every minute of it. We work and play hard here. Long days in the sweltering heat and humidity walking the tiny streets packed with people and taxis. All of the sewers are filled with strange colored liquids that smell pretty horrendous. There is constantly dirt all over me. I'm saying all of this to let you know that I could not survive on my own! I have no doubt that God is watching out for me as I engage in His work. And even more than that, He is helping me to actually enjoy it! How wonderful is He??
          We have been teaching a wonderful man named Ebenezer who we felt inspired to contact one day. We quickly learned that his wife had passed away. We were able to teach him about the plan of salvation and he lit up when we told him that he would see his wife again. We have set a baptismal date for him and will continue to teach him. We meet a lot of wonderful people each day and I can't help but to love them all. Right now we have a lot of people to teach and we are keeping pretty darn busy. In total we set 5 baptismal dates this week which was way cool!
          One of my favorite experiences this week was going back to the village called Huhunya. The people there are soooo humble and ready to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are teaching a sweet man named Joshua, who pays to travel half an hour to church each Sunday, and then half an hour back to Huhunya. That is one of our concerns right now. A lot of the people in this village don't think they can afford the trip to attend church. Otherwise I think we could baptize half of the village! I have been praying for them and our mission president has encouraged us to teach them about sacrificing for God who has given us everything. I look forward to going back to Huhunya later this week.
          This paragraph is dedicated to my wonderful parents to bring them comfort and to show just how much I love them. These are the things I have been doing here in Ghana. I have taken vitamins and malaria medication each day, brushed AND flossed my teeth, worn my retainer, worn my glasses, used a mosquito net, eaten and drunk lots, and much more.
         The internet cafe is closed so I have to go! I love you all! The Gospel is true and Jesus Christ lives and loves you. Have a great week! 

Elder Radmall

Questions and Answers
Have you played the simplified hymns?
A: We have a keyboard in our apartment so I have been practicing, but they like to sing A Capella here. 
Have you cooked anything?
A: I have cooked lots of eggs, rice, and Indomie (the Ghana version of Ramen). I also eat a lot of bread and fruits which are so good. 
Do you want me to send any recipes?
A: Yes! Could you send me the recipe for no bake cookies?
How many missionaries in your apartment and your city?
A: There are two companionships in my apartment and so far I have met like 12 or 14 missionaries in and close by Koforidua.
Any sister missionaries?
A: There are four sister missionaries in Koforidua. All of them are in my district and they are awesome. They are from South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, and the Ivory Coast. They cook us delicious food at least once a week!
What is the funniest thing that has happened?
A: Haha that's a good question. It's always funny when I'm trying to get off of my bike and I fall on my face in front of an investigator.
What has been the highlight of your week?
A: The highlight was probably going to a sweet village called Huhunya! The people there are so humble and ready to receive the Gospel. It was awesome.
Tell me about your companion. Age? Family? Convert?
A: My companion, Elder Grissignon is 20. He will be going home as soon as he is done training me. He has 4 siblings. He has always been a member. He is trying to get into BYU in January. If he does he will come and visit you. I told him you will make him great food!
Have you lost weight?
A: If anything I have gained weight! I have been eating tons.
Can you understand people? Are you learning Tri??
A: I am getting so much better at understanding people, and I have learned a few words in twi. I'm sure I will learn plenty more though!
What new foods have you tried?
A: Well I had my first fufu, which is weird and slimy. I didn't like it all that much, but it's alright. Today the 4 sisters in our district cooked us a whole bunch of African dishes. They cook for us pretty much every week which is awesome. I don't remember what the dishes were called, but they were good. A lot of their dishes here are just slimy blobs that you dip in soup and eat.
What did they cook that you like? What are you going to cook for them? Did I teach you enough cooking skills??? I am feeling that I did not!!
A: Haha! You taught me plenty. We buy drinks for them to enjoy. One made a South African dish with corn and lots of spices. That was really good. The only meal I really make for myself is breakfast. Lunch we buy and people tend to feed us dinner a lot.

Also if I ever don't email you on Monday don't worry. The power is probably out. I will email you later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment