Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Last Day Here At The MTC!





Dear Family, 
My last day here at the MTC! I am going to miss this place so much, but I know that I am going to love Ghana even more. Now for some of the things that happened over the last week. My district had a lot of really spiritual classes. We were all able to grow together in our testimonies and desire to share the Gospel. I have been eating myself sick. I've hardly even touched a vegetable in the last week and a half, but I have had lots of doughnuts, cookies, chocolate milk, fresca, cereal, cake, candy, ice cream, deep fried food, and much more. I probably put on a good 70 pounds! We had the opportunity last week to teach investigators here in the MTC. One of them was named Hailey and the other was Lisa. It was such a powerful and spiritual experience. I can't wait to do the same thing in Ghana! Ahhhh! I can't believe I'm going already! Anyways, Sunday was fantastic. The branch president, President Menlove and his wife spoke and gave some great advice to us missionaries. I went to Elder Bednar's The Character of Christ talk again. It was just as powerful the second. I so desire to be like my Savior and to always turn outwards and serve my God and His children. Yesterday morning me and the three elders in my room all woke up at 2 in the morning because there was a bat in our room!!! Just kidding. We woke up at 2 in the morning to help the other six members of our district take their luggage to the bus. Elder Larson and Elder Rindlisbocker (I think that's how it's spelt) headed to the Bakersfield, California Mission. Elder Pond, Elder Mckee, Sister Graubard, and Sister Diether all headed off to Chicago. It was hard to say goodbye to such amazing people, but I am so excited for them to serve their God. I know they will all be fantastic!
          Today I am heading to the airport at 11:30. 18 hours on a plane! Yay! Not really. It's going to be long and painful, but it's so worth it to go to Ghana. Yesterday I started taking my Malaria medication, so let's hope it works. I also got a wonderful blessing yesterday for comfort and safety in my travels. And I still don't have a visa, but don't worry about it too much. God will make sure that I am where He needs me to be and I'm more than okay with that. But I really can not wait to begin sharing the good news with anyone who will hear it! Last Tuesday when we went to the temple, we met a woman who has a brother serving in the Accra mission. She told us it is going to be pretty dang hard and we are all a little bit freaked out after that, but now it doesn't bother me at all. If God has asked me to go to Ghana then by golly I am going to Ghana and He will provide the way. I know that He is watching over all of you back home! I pray for my family and friends each day. I know that this is the Lord's work and that He love us all. The Savior has provided the way for every single one of us to have eternal life, and I am forever grateful for Him and the love He has for us. I know that we can turn to Him no matter what and He will gladly take us into His loving arms. This week I read Elder Holland's most recent conference address. He shares the story of two brothers who were rock climbing. They reached a ledge where they could not ascend any further, nor could they descend. The older brother lifted the younger one up to safety and then instructed the younger brother to get a stick to pull him up. He knew that he would not find any sticks up there. He just didn't want his brother to be there when he jumped in case he didn't make it. He worked up the courage and leaped for safety. His arms reached the ledge, but there was nothing to hold onto. His arms were slipping and he was near falling to his death. Just when it seemed like it was all over, two hands shot out as quick as lightning and grabbed on to him. His brother had never gone to find a stick. He had been waiting there the whole time to catch him and bring him to safety. The Savior is always waiting to grasp our arms and pull us to safety. Sometimes we just have to take a leap of faith. He will never let us down.
         Love you all so much!

P.S. I am travelling to Ghana with Elder Johnson, Elder Bodily, and Elder Wadman. Here are their phone numbers. They are four of the greatest people EVER and I will miss them like crazy when we split paths. They are all committed to God and this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment