Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

MTC - Week 1 - "I Have Never Been More Excited!!!"



Dear Family,
           HOLY COW!!! I am absolutely loving it here at the MTC! And I am not just saying that so that you don't worry about me. I am really having a blast! I have been so incredibly blessed here. Thank you all so much for all of the emails, letters, and packages. I almost feel bad because I have received almost as many packages as the rest of my district combined. But I am loving it. And I think I'm going to have to start skipping meals just to eat all of the junk food before I leave. Anyways, on day one we mostly just went through MTC orientation. I got to meet my companion, Elder Johnson. He is such a stud! He is pretty much my best bud after just being with him for one week. He is a crazy good wrestler and he has a very sincere personality. And my district is just outstanding. We have bonded so well and learned to love each other. We spend a lot of time in the class room, but it's not all that bad. At least we are learning a lot. 
           On Thursday night we met with our branch presidency for the first time. The branch president, President Menlove, is such a funny guy. I love him! They gave everyone in the district assignments. To the great surprise of Elder Johnson and I, we were called as zone leaders for our branch. Speaking of the branch, church on Sunday was sooo good! They have every missionary prepare a five minute talk, and then they randomly pick some to speak in sacrament meeting. Sunday night we had a great devotional about the importance of the Book of Mormon in conversion. But the crowning moment of my Sunday was watching The Character of Christ given by Elder Bednar. It is such a powerful witness of how selfless Christ was and is. It actually brought me to tears. We can become like Him as we always turn outwards and focus on others. I have never felt the spirit as consistently as I am feeling it here. It is almost overpowering. 
           This week Elder Johnson and I were able to start teaching our first three progressive investigators. The lessons all went really well and it was amazing to experience being lead by the spirit as we tried to bring others closer to Jesus Christ. And I can tell that the spirit has also been leading me closer to my Savior. It is a beautiful thing. On Monday our district studied the Plan of Salvation in class. We were supposed to come up with one word to show what the Plan of Salvation means to us. My word was Christ, because he is everything I hope to become through that plan. 
           Now for a few of the tender mercies for the week. There have been a LOT, but I only have time to share some of them. First of all, the food. I am in food heaven! I'll start with the cereal. They have Captain Crunch, Life, Honey Bunches of Oats, Marshmallow Mateys, Sugar Puffs, and much more. On Friday night they had my favorite, Papa Johns. And best of all, they have fresca in their soda fountains. So that is pretty darn fantastic. And I have seen Elder Statler Smith several times which is fun. Another sweet experience was the chance to give a sister in my district a blessing on Monday night. My mouth was filled with the words that Heavenly Father wanted her to hear. 
           I have been blessed so far this week in that I have not been very homesick. I think I have just been to busy. I meant to send a letter on Saturday, but being the ungrateful son that I am, it didn't end up happening. But know that my family has constantly been in my mind. I pray with all of my heart each and every day, multiple times a day, that Heavenly Father will watch over my family while I am away. I can never thank you guys enough for all that you have done for me, especially in preparing me to serve a mission. I have never been more excited!!! I can't wait to get to Ghana and to represent Jesus Christ as I share His Gospel. The Book of Mormon teaches us over and over again that if we turn to Him we shall be saved.
          Love, Elder Radmall

No comments:

Post a Comment