Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

They stop us on the street....

After district council.

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope you have all had a great week. I don't know what it's been like wherever you are, but here in Danfa it was hot this week! One night when we returned to the apartment Elder Beck commented that I had a funny looking tan line on my forehead. Sure enough, I had a straight line where my bike helmet covers my skin. Haha. (Don't worry mom, I will repent and start wearing my sunscreen again.)

On Wednesday we were blessed with the opportunity to hold an exchange with Elder Miller and Elder George. They are the assistants to the president. In the morning we spent some time travelling around the zone and checking up on some companionships. After that we returned to our area and went out to see the people! I was paired up with Elder George and I learned a lot from his teaching skills and his humble heart. Elder George is from Zimbabwe

Other than that our week was proselyting as usual. We have been blessed with a lot of people to teach. We don't even have time to see them all! We very seldom have to go searching for investigators. People usually stop us on the street and ask us who we are. Yesterday a random man in his car saw us standing by the road and offered to give us a ride. It turns out he has met with missionaries before and would like to meet with us again! The field is white already to harvest. And to make things better we have a very strong and supportive branch. We are looking forward to baptizing Sister Theresa and Sister Doris this Saturday. A birthday present for mom. I can't wait! 

Last night we had some other missionaries from our zone come over to our apartment to play Monopoly. I haven't played Monopoly in years. It was a blast. 

It is pretty short this week. That is about all that I have to report. The mangoes on our mango tree should be ripe soon, so I will start making you all jealous by telling you about the delicious mangos I am eating. I love and miss you all to pieces! Thanks for being the best people ever. Have a great week! And Happy Birthday Mom! 

Love,
Elder Radmall

Our mango tree.

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. If you could be any animal in Ghana what would you be?
Probably a lizard. Most of the other animals here get abused. Chickens are eaten, children throw rocks at goats, dogs are underfed, and cats get run over. 
Q. What was the happiest thing you saw or moment you had this week?
I think one of my happiest moments this week was playing with some hilarious primary kids at church on Sunday. I will have to remember to take a picture of them next time. 
Q. If you could watch any movie right now, what would it be? 
Lord of the Rings. 

Scorpion

Questions from Mom:
Q. Are you teaching Sister Teresa English? 
She is attending a literacy class at the church. When we teach her it is all in English, so I think that will help her to learn it. 
Q. What language is spoken in Danfa?
Mostly Twi, my favorite. 
Q. How many children do most people in Ghana have?
I would say 4 is a pretty normal number of children. 
Q. How do people in Danfa make a living? 
Anything from selling food or phone credit to working a white collar job in Accra. We have one sister in our branch who works at the Distribution Center by the temple. 
Q. Are there wealthy people in Danfa like there were in Nungua?
There are some wealthier people, but not to the same extent as those in Nungua and Sakumono. 
Q. Funniest moment of the week?
Out of the goodness of my heart I made no-bake cookies for everyone to enjoy when they came over to play Monopoly. They thought it would be funny to eat all of the cookies and leave me two empty plates in the fridge. Haha... Ha. It was funny for them at least. 
Q. Most spiritual moment of the week?
I think my most spiritual moment this week came as we testified to an investigator about repentance and the power of the Atonement. We assured her that while sin will always bring pain, guilt, and sorrow, the Atonement is powerful enough to heal all of our wounds. 
Q. How is your finger?   I talked to a nurse this week and she said if it continues to hurt you need to have it x-rayed!!!
It is feeling much better. The lump is still there, but the pain is mostly gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment