Pages

Monday, October 10, 2016

Faith Through the Storm

Making Banku

Hello everybody!
This has been a bit of a long week, but it has been full of opportunities to grow and learn. The last couple of weeks a lot of our investigators have disappeared or been busy meaning we spent a lot of time trying to find new investigators both through our own efforts and through members. It didn't work too well and I started to get a little bit discouraged. Why wasn't Heavenly Father giving us people to teach the Gospel to. Then I had a clear thought come into my mind. "Perhaps this week God wants to teach you something." That hit me pretty hard and I can tell you that I did learn a lot throughout the week. 
Holy cow!! On Saturday night when we went to bed it was lightly raining. At midnight I woke up to a bright flash of light and a deafening crack of thunder. The rain was pounding on our roof. For the next fifteen minutes I experienced the most intense lightning and thunder I have ever witnessed in my life. I have always love lightning and thunder, but for once it actually scared me a bit. My heart was pounding as I lay in my bed. In my head I started singing "These are a few of my favorite things" from The Sound of Music. It didn't calm me down too much. Anyways, it got me thinking about one of my favorite scriptures. In Helaman 5:12 we learn that when we build ourselves upon the rock of our Redeemer we can prevail through any storm. No matter what comes our way we can feel certain that we will not fall if the Savior is our foundation. He is sure and unfailing. I have tested that truth many times in my life and have found it to be totally true. Within a few minutes of remembering that scripture I was sound asleep. 
Yesterday there was more heavy rain and even some flooding in parts of Accra. Last night we invited over all of the missionaries in Nungua and made fried rice and fried chicken for everyone. It was sooo delicious. 
That's all for today folks! I can't wait to talk to you again next Monday. God lives and loves you. So do I!
Love,
Elder Radmall 

Elder Fuller

Questions from Christie:
Q. What made you laugh this week?
Quoting crazy movies with my companion and Elder Fesolai. We especially love Nacho Libre. 
Q. What was your favorite scripture this week?
The beginning of Mark 2 where four people bring their friend, sick with palsy, to the Savior. When they can't get inside the building they decide to lower their friend through the roof. The part that stands out the most to me is when it tells us that Jesus, seeing THEIR faith, told the man his sins were forgiven and then proceeded to heal Him physically as well. Our faith has the power to change the lives of others.
Q. What type of meat do you eat most in Ghana?
Chicken!! In my current area they eat a lot of fish though. 
Q. Who can we pray for this week?
You can pray for Sister Augustina and her family. They were baptized at the beginning of this year. She just gave birth to a new child and her family has very little to live on. 

New Apartment

Questions from Mom:
Q. Did Kurt’s package arrive?
What?! It did not, but I will sure look forward to that. 
Q. Do you know the Pace’s?  (Dad found a blog of their mission to Ghana.)
http://stan-nancy.blogspot.com/
Yes. They are the office couple in the mission home right now. They are some very good people.
Q. How many senior couples are in your mission?
Right now it is just two couples. We had 4 couples when I first came. 
Q. Craziest thing you ate this week?
RED VELVET CAKE!!! One of the very wealthy members in Sakumono Ward invited us over for a birthday party and we ate some very good food. I was so surprised to see red velvet cake. It was sooo good.
Q. Best thing about your new ward?
It has some great energy. Most of the members are pretty young. I'm not sure if anyone in our bishopric has even reached 30 yet. 
Q. Favorite lesson this week?
This week Elder Fuller and I taught about the Atonement from Alma 7. It is a powerful chapter and I would encourage you to read it and reread it. We taught Bro. Joshua about all that Christ has done for us, and what he asks in return. He pleads with us to have faith, repent, and follow His example. That's pretty small compared to what He was willing to do for us.
Q. Funniest moment of the week?
When I kept falling asleep on a trotro and hitting my face on the seat in front of me. Some people were giving me funny looks, especially Elder Fuller. Haha
Q. What spiritual prompting did you receive this week?
This week I felt a strong impression of the need I have to be more humble. I have started letting pride creep into my mind and I need to kick it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment