Pages

Monday, October 17, 2016

Act Like An African, Eat Like a Tongan

 The Pig
 (The pig cost $50.  Everyone helped pay.  Bryan says the pig was really good- but he thinks roasted goat is better.)

Roasted!

Hello dear fam bam and friends!
It's been another superb week in the beautiful land of Ghana! Actually, I haven't had a bad week yet on my mission. I have had some very hard ones, but no bad ones. Anyways, this week Elder Fuller and I were able to make some good progress in our area. It still has a ways to go, but we are moving in the right direction. We have one investigator named Rosemond. She is an older woman who works with her daughters. They grind corn into powder that is used to make banku. The first time we met Sister Rosemond she opened up to us that she has a problem with drinking and she wants to stop. We have been praying and fasting for her and I think she is making good progress. She loves our teachings and she has a wonderful heart. We have another investigator named Joshua who recently moved to Nungua from Kumasi. He is reading the Book of Mormon and really wants to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Yesterday he came to church! I have high hopes for him. I just love the people of Ghana! I am so blessed to be able to serve among them. 
Almost every night last week our ward had practices for a big stake cultural festival that is held each year. We sang songs in a local dialiect (Ewe) and acted out one of the tribal festivals of Ghana. I got to dress up as an African warrior and shout in a language that I don't understand! it was awesome!! I was one of two whites who performed in the whole stake. Brownie points for me. 
Today I had another awesome cultural experience. Today our zone got together for an activity. We bought a pig which we killed and roasted over a fire. Most of the credit goes to the Polynesians in our mission. It was very cool to watch and delicious to eat! 
That is about all for this week. Being a missionary is awesome. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for all that He has given me. I am grateful for the trials and challenges He allows me to learn from. I am grateful for the family and friends He has given me to support me in all things. I am grateful for the tender mercies He sends each and every day. And above all I am grateful for my Savior whom Heavenly Father sent to give us hope. I love you all. Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Radmall

 Elder Fuller and Elder Radmall dressed as warriors for the stake cultural celebration.
On stage at the cultural celebration.

Questions from Kurt:
Q. Do they eat many desserts in Ghana?
Not at all! 
Q. What's been your favorite?
Some of the wealthier people like to serve fruit salad as a kind of dessert after dinner. That's pretty nice. 
Q. What does your companion want to be when he grows up?
Captain America of course!

Questions from Mom:
Q. Besides praying for Sister Augustina, is there any way we can help her family? 
Nothing much. I bought them some foodstuffs the other day. 
Q. What did you learn about Elder Fuller this week?
He LOVES the Avengers. 
Q. Have you spoken in sacrament meeting lately?
Nope. Thank heavens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment