Pages

Monday, October 3, 2016

Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice

Bryan's new companion, Elder Fuller, on the left, getting a package from home.

Hello Family and Friends!
          Wow! I hope you all had a wonderful week and a great time listening to conference. I did! That's right, by God's sweet mercy I got to watch part of conference! My first time in a year and a half to listen to the prophet... in English at least. Sunday morning we went to the stake center to watch a recording of the priesthood session. After that at four we were blessed to be able to watch the Sunday morning session of conference live. I can't express just how much I loved it. As a kid I usually looked forward to conference because of the brunch we would have on Sunday morning. While that is still a very necessary part of conference (I made us all pancakes to eat on Sunday), I have started to better appreciate the spiritual feast that is available as we listen to the Lord's appointed servants. All of the talks I heard were wonderful and I heard exactly what I needed to. Among my favorites were President Monson's talk on the Plan of Salvation followed by President Nelson's talk on joy. The two work perfectly hand in hand. The whole purpose of God's plan for us is that we might have joy. Sometimes I think we lose sight of that. I know I do. I forget that behind all of the commandments, the callings and assignments, the ordinances we perform, and the trials and challenges we face there is one overarching purpose; that we might have joy. It is a beautiful concept to think about. 
          Missionary work is moving on, though a bit slowly for now. But this is the Lord's work and His will shall be done. We got some new investigators this week, including some more barbers. For some reason we teach a lot of barbers. One of them had looked up everything he could about Mormons on the internet and had a giant list of questions to ask us. Most of what he read was very much untrue and random. One of the funniest questions he asked us was if we have super powers in the church. Apparently he read that we can jump really high. It was hard for me not to laugh after hearing that one. 
          Well, that's all for now folks! I hope that all of you have a wonderful week full of the joy of Christ. Thanks for being amazing and inspiring me to be better. I love and miss you all!
Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from TeriAnn
Since you have been in Ghana:
Q. What has been the most challenging thing or experience?
Just adjusting to a new culture and way of life. There is no way to really understand life here without living it for yourself. 
Q. What has been the most rewarding thing or experience?
Being an instrument in the Lord's hands to help others become converted to the Gospel. It is such a sweet feeling to know that the Lord has used you to help one of His children.
Q. What has been your favorite lesson or experience?
My favorite lesson is one that I have learned from the people of Ghana. Despite great trials and challenges, despite adversity, poverty, difficult circumstances, the people of Ghana never let go of their faith in God. Rather they hold on to their faith even tighter. 
Q. What have you been changed by the most or how have you changed the most?
I think I have changed the most in the love I have for the people around me. I have gained a much deeper love for all of God's children.
Q. Who has been the person that has influenced you the most?
The Savior, without a doubt. From the moment I arrived here He has stood by me and shaped me to become what He wants me to be. I am still not there yet, but thankfully the Savior seems to have a lot of patience. 

Questions from Momma:
Q. What service have you given this week?
I haven't given enough service this week. I guess I helped Elder Fuller with some laundry and I made everyone pancakes to eat for general conference. 
Q. Who inspired you this week?
Elder Curtis inspired me in his talk about the Book of Mormon. I need to use the BoM more both in my own studies as well as in teaching. It has great power.
Q. Who can we pray for this week?
You can pray for the wonderful members of Nungua 2nd Ward.
Q. Were there any baptisms this week?
Sadly not. 
Q. Have you had a hot shower?  Do you even want one in Ghana?
No! It turns out our water heater is in fact not working. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment