Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Smells Great!!

 Pulling in the net.
It's a big net.

Hello Family, Friends, and Strangers,
          What a great week it has been! On Tuesday we went to the Ghana MTC to have zone training. We received some great instruction from our zone leaders about using the Book of Mormon and really understanding why our investigators act the way they do. At the training I got to see my son, Elder Itepu, and my MTC companion, Elder Johnson. 
          On Wednesday our zone leaders challenged us to have a Book of Mormon day. We tried to go the whole day with using mainly the Book of Mormon to teach. At first I thought it would be extremely difficult. I absolutely LOVE the Bible. But in the end I found that it was very easy and powerful to use the BoM. We even invited two of our recent converts to start the Book of Mormon from the beginning and read it through to the end. On the same day we had an amazing lesson with Brother Godsway. We left him an assignment to read in Alma chapter 7 and he did it! Not only did he read it, but as he read the Holy Ghost confirmed to him that book is true and that Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God. He has come to church several times and if all goes well he should be baptized this coming Saturday! I love him and his believing heart. 
          On Saturday we took part in something called the All-African Service Project. Throughout all of Africa the church sets apart this one Saturday to do some special service. Our ward decided to do some cleaning. Not only were we cleaning, but we were cleaning out the gutters. That is not what I would call a pleasant job, but it is one that must be done! I experienced some truly awful smells that I pray never to experience again. I was grateful though for the chance to serve this community that I love so much.
          That is about all of the time I have for today. I love you all lots and I pray for you each and every day. Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Radmall

 Something fishy.
Octopus

Questions from Christie:
Q. What made you laugh this week? 
One of our recent converts, Bro. Joel, wants to serve a mission. We keep prophesying to him that he will be called to Malawi and he hates it! For some reason that is the one place he doesn't want to serve. It has provided us with lots of laughter.
Q. What's your favorite scripture this week?
Alma 48:17 Moroni is a beast.
Q. Who made your week better?
Sister Nyankah, Sister Adjei, and Sister Ayeh who all prepared us amazing food this week. The sisters in this ward take very good care of us missionaries.
Q. Who can we pray for this week?
Any prayers for Bro. Fortunate (who is really trying to stop drinking) would be appreciated.
Q. What food will you miss the most when you come home?
I would say fufu for sure. Banku is a bit sour and makes me sick, and rice I can cook back home. But fufu is so sweet and delicious!

My and my two sons. (Elder Itepu on the left, Elder Kallon on the right.)

Questions from Mom:
Q. Tell me two things you like about Elder Kallon.
He is a great cook and he absolutely loves to laugh.
Q. Tell me two things you have learned from Elder Kallon about Sierra Leone.
I have learned that many people in Sierra Leone believe that Ebola was a weapon created by the whites. I also learned that it rains there a LOT to the point that people are stranded indoors.
Q. What was your best lesson this week?
Definitely our lesson with Bro. Godsway. He knows the BoM and the church are true!
Q. Tell us about one member of your ward.
The Kwansahs are an awesome family in our ward. They live in Sakumono. The father is a medical doctor and the mother runs a shop in front of their home. They have several awesome children. One of their sons named Richard recently returned from his mission and is now working at the Ghana MTC. He will be coming to Idaho soon to attend BYU Idaho. They are all amazing and completely devoted to the Gospel. They joined the church about 10 years ago.
Q. What type of laundry detergent do you use?
I just use some powdered soap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment