Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Ghana Time

 Cooking at the branch party.

 Dancing at the branch party.

 Children dancing at the branch party.

Cleaning cobwebs at the hospital chapel.

Zone service project at the local hospital.

Study buddies (sent to him from his sister TeriAnn for Christmas.)

          What a wonderful week! Elder Itepu and I really focused on trying to find some great new investigators, especially families, to teach repentance and baptism. We have been sad to see some of the people we were so hopeful for stop keeping their commitments. We will continue to work with them and to help them understand our purpose as missionaries. This week our branch had a wonderful activity with a great turnout, including some investigators. It caused me to reflect on our branch when I first arrived six months ago. It quite frankly wasn't really functioning all that well and the members seldom helped us in the work. Now our branch is running at full speed and the members are more than willing to assist us. I am so grateful for this branch I have come to love. 
          This week we had an awesome zone service project. We went to a local hospital and did a bunch of maintenance work for them. It actually made me feel at home to be outside weeding in the bushes. The bad part of the project was cleaning cobwebs from the ceiling of the chapel. I had to climb to the top of a ladder. No big deal. I'm fine with heights... until the giant spiders started falling around me! It was terrifying! Otherwise it was an awesome experience. 
          We had a great New Year's Eve. Let me start by saying that EVERYONE has wanted to feed us this week. I have hardly had to spend any money this week. It is awesome! For New Year's we were of course fed and then we returned to the apartment for more food and even some sparkling drinks. Then we played Uno the rest of the night.
          Tomorrow will be a hard day for me. My best friend here in Ghana, Elder Bodily, will be transferred to a new zone in Accra. We have been together for six months now. It will be hard to say goodbye, but he will do good anywhere he goes. I am grateful for the time I have been able to spend with him.
          A huge thanks to everyone for the wonderful people that you are and for your prayers on my behalf! They are answered. A big thanks for the wonderful package I received last Monday full of amazing goodies, toys, and pictures. I love it all. I hope you all have a great week. I love you people.
Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from Mom:
Q. What did you do for New Year’s?
We had delicious food, good drinks, and played Uno!
Q. What was your favorite present in the package?
Haha I loved it all!  The food, clothes, toys, and pictures are all much appreciated and needed.
Q. What made you laugh this week?
Shooting each other with my new bow and arrow. (A Nerf bow and arrow sent for Christmas.)
Q. How are your new converts doing?
They are all doing really well. Poor bro. Joshua is still struggling with some health issues, but he does all he can to come to church each week.
Q. What is your favorite scripture this week?
Moroni 10:32
Q. How and or when have you felt the hand of God in your life this week?
I have felt His hand all week. This weekend in particular though I started to feel pretty down.  It felt like I wasn't really doing much good here. Then God helped me to see people not just for what they are, but for what they can become. It has given me a new desire to share the Gospel.

Questions from TeriAnn:
Q. What was the greatest miracle in your life this week?
There wasn't anything big, but I guess the greatest miracle was just Heavenly Father blessing me with comfort at the times when I felt down or alone.
Q. What are you most grateful for this week?
I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon this week. I love that book and the truth it holds.
Q. Who did you connect with the most this week that made you happy and feel at home in Ghana?
Pretty much everyone in our branch. I have really come to love those people! And Sister Rosslyn and Sister Janet continue to take such good care of us.
Q. Did you celebrate New Years?
Of course! 
Q. Is your apartment cleaned up after the flood?
Yes. I am grateful everyday for dry floors.
Q. How are your toes? The one that was operated on and the infected toe?
They are good. I don't think my big toe will ever look the same again.
Q. Do you ever have moments or have you had any experiences where you felt unsafe in Ghana?
My first week I was scared of almost everything, but now I have come to learn that Ghana is one of the most peaceful countries on earth. I feel very safe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment