Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year

Hello Everybody!

Happy New Year! 2016 has gone by so fast. I was just getting used to using 2016 when writing the date. Now I have to adjust to 2017. Oh well. The last year of my life has been one of the craziest and best years up to date! I have loved every minute serving among the wonderful people of Ghana. God has shaped me and changed me so much. Every day I see more clearly God's hand in my life and His love for His children. 18 months ago I was seriously doubting my ability to survive for even a month in Ghana, but through prayer and relying on the Savior's Atonement I have not only survived, I have loved my time here. 

To end the year I finished reading the Book of Mormon in my studies. I love that book and know it to be true with all of my heart. I have started reading it again with a fresh, unmarked copy. This time as I read through I am marking specific commandments and the blessings that are promised for obedience to those commandments. It is powerful to see that there is never a commandment from God without an attached blessing. The Lord wants to bless His children and He does when we follow and obey His counsel. 

 The last year was one of the craziest and yet one of the best of my whole life. I have loved every minute of my mission. The people of Ghana are amazing. They inspire me with their smiles and their devotion to the Lord. It is so weird to think that this is the year I will be coming home. Time flies.
. They sure do celebrate New Years here! Almost everyone cooks a nice dinner and then they go to church for all night prayers and shouting! It is exciting and noisy. 

I was going to write about our New Years, but time is up. We enjoyed fried rice, chicken, and drinks. That is all for this week. I love you all and hope you have a great week! 
Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from Mom:
Q. Funniest moment of the week?
When we popped open a bottle of champagne (Was it alcoholic? Who can say?) on New Year's Eve I did the honors. It was too well shaken and it sprayed all over the floor. It was awesome. 
Q. How are your branch president and his wife?  (They lost their first baby 2 days before Christmas.  She was 7 months along.)
They are doing very well. They were both at church yesterday. 
Q. If you could be like Alma and be an angel, what message would you share with the world?
I would tell the world that fast food and soda fountains are seriously underrated. More seriously I would testify to the world of the peace and happiness that are available only through the Savior and the Plan of Salvation. 
Q. Favorite scripture this week?
1 Nephi 3:7. The Lord provides a way. 
Q. Tell us about one member of your branch?
We have a great young man named Fiamavor. He is just about done with his paper work to go and serve a mission. It will be sad when he goes because he is one of the best piano players in Kpong. He has a sweet and humble spirit and is excited to serve. His father died a few years ago and now he lives with his mother. 
Q. Tell us about one investigator?
We recently started teaching an older man named Brother Ofori. When we met him at his house we started teaching him about the Restoration. On our next visit he had read the entire pamphlet and had many great questions to ask about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. He has attended the Presbyterian church most of his life. He has promised to start reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. I am hopeful for him!  
Q. Favorite thing about Elder Howard?

He is funny. He is always joking and making everyone laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment