Pages

Monday, December 19, 2016

Merry Christmas!!

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow! It is hard to believe that Christmas is already upon us. I am so excited! I love Christmas with all of my heart, but before I talk about that I will tell you a little about our week.

On Tuesday our district met to prepare a musical presentation for our Christmas devotional on Saturday. Let's just say that our district is very musically gifted (like not at all). Later that day we went and saw a recent convert and some guy just randomly showed up, so we decided to teach him too. We had a great lesson with them. How cool that the Lord would just send someone directly to us. 

The rest of the week was mostly just a normal week up until Friday. On Friday we went to do some baptismal interviews for the missionaries in Asutuare. It was a delight to meet some of the wonderful people who are living there and have been prepared for baptism. That night we needed to get the keys for our chapel. That is where our Christmas devotional was going to be held the next day. We tried and tried with no success, but with prayers and diligence we got the keys in the end. 

Saturday morning our zone as well as the Koforidua and Ho zones gathered here in Kpong. We had an awesome Christmas devotional with President and Sister Heid and all of the senior couples in our mission. The theme was using the Book of Mormon to light the world and teach about the Savior. Then they fed us with a huge lunch of rice and chicken and we performed our musical numbers. Our district performed the 12 days of Christmas with alternate lyrics for missionaries serving in Ghana. 

That is most of what I remember for the week. I am so excited to be able to spend this last Christmas in Ghana. You will hardly find people more centered on the Savior anywhere else in the world. And that's what Christmas is all about. I am so grateful for my Savior. I know that He was born in a humble stable. I know that He lived a perfect life and gave every moment to serving others. I know that He suffered and died for us. And I know that He lives again. I am so grateful for Him. He is the light and hope of my life. Over the last 18 months I have witnessed Him changing lives over and over again. I have especially seen Him changing my own life. I am so grateful to be in His service. I love you all so much. I hope that you have a very merry Christmas. Thanks for your love and support.
Love,

Elder Radmall

Questions from Mom:
Q. How many elders live in your apartment?  Where are they from and what are their names?
We are four in the apartment. Elder Buehner (Arizona), Elder Eduok (Nigeria), Elder Howard (California), and myself (Canada) (HaHa). 
Q. Will they all get something for Christmas?  If not – try to share whatever I sent.  I know you will!!
I already have plans for that! 
Q. What are your plans for Christmas?  Will your branch meet for 3 hours or just sacrament meeting?
They will still have all three hours. We are still figuring out what will happen on that day. 
Q. Will you be sending any photos this week?  Is your new camera working?  Did it fall in a ditch??
It is working. The problem is the cafes we go to. I am not able to upload my pictures. As soon as I am able, I will. 
Q. What is your favorite thing about Christmas in Ghana?
Being able to focus on what really matters. And eating delicious Ghanaian food.
Q. What is your favorite experience in Ghana to date?
All of it! But I have especially enjoyed the chances I have had to serve from farming, to washing clothes, to cleaning hospitals and much more. 
Q. How do you think Ghana has changed you?
Ghana has completely humbled me. The people here have taught me so much about enduring challenges and trials. I have come to realize many of my own shortcomings and to rely much more upon the Savior.
Q. How has your testimony changed as a missionary?
Before I was a missionary I had a strong testimony of the power the atonement has in my own life. Now I have a burning testimony of the power the atonement has in everyone's life. 
Q. What is your favorite thing about being a missionary?
Meeting so many great people and sharing a message of hope and love with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment