Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Tis' the Season!

 Baptism of Daniel
 The zone.
Elder's in my apartment.

Dear Family and Friends,
          It has been a very inspiring and motivating week.  We were blessed to have many members working with us through the week.  I felt the spirit as they testified to others what they believe to be true.  Many of our investigators have been failing to keep their commitments, which saddens me.  But I know that they have their agency.  We spent a lot of time this week finding new people to teach and share our message with.  This included a lot of referrals from members with nonmember family members.  We also very much enjoyed going to zone conference on Friday.  All of the messages shared strengthened my desire to improve and become better.  One of my favorite parts of the week was being the baptist for a young man named Daniel.  Daniel is totally blind and yet he comes to church faithfully each Sunday.  He loves the Gospel.  I have become good friends with him over the last week, and I was so happy to be able to baptize him on Saturday.
          This week I had my first ever mango. Wow!! It was so good!!! I also had my first ever fresh coconut. It was quite delicious and you can all be jealous. I don't know if I have talked about the bats in Ghana yet. Every night as we ride back to the apartment I get to see bats of all sizes swooping over my head. It's very awesome and a little bit spooky. We had ice cream last night as our Sunday dessert. I even made pancakes to have with it. It's really expensive for how much we have to spend, but it was soooo worth it. Some random information about food. Generally if I want a snack in Ghana I get either fruit, cooked plantain, or maybe some groundnuts. Most of the cookies they have here in Ghana aren't even worth the cost. Plus, I don't have any milk to go with them. But I have come to love the food that is available here. 
          I am so grateful for service. I love the chance to serve others and I am so blessed to be surrounded by many who serve me. Above all I am grateful for the Savior's example of service. His entire life was spent giving of all that He had to lift others. I hope that all of us can seek out opportunities to act in the Savior's place and to lift another in need.
          I love you all so much and I can't express how much I miss you. Continue to have an awesome Christmas season centered on Christ!
Love,
Elder Radmall

Questions from Mom
Q. Do you need new shoes?  Can you wear tennis shoes that are black?  Can you wear sandals until your toe heals?
I don't think so. And we spent too much money on these shoes for me not to wear them! Haha my toe is on the mend. It no longer hurts to walk. I don't think I could wear tennis shoes.
Q. What made you laugh this week?
When Elder Itepu laid on the inflatable Santa Claus and he popped.
Q. When did you feel the spirit this week?
As I heard the inspired words of our mission president during our zone conference.
Q. Has your Christmas package come yet?
Not yet. I did get the Walker's package though!
Q. What is your favorite scripture of the week?
This week I ponderized Ether 4:11. Please read it!
Q. What is your favorite thing about Elder Itepu?
He loves to laugh and he looks for chances to serve others.
Q. Do you ever speak in church?
Yes. A few weeks ago the clerk surprised me half an hour before sacrament meeting with the opportunity to speak. Actually, I spoke with the grandparents of Charlotte Wilcox (who I took to prom). They are serving a mission here in Africa. I jumbled something together quickly about everyone helping to share the Gospel, and I think it turned out all right.
Q. What are you doing to bring the Christmas spirit to your branch?
Elder Itepu and I are going to be singing with the branch choir! I would also love to get a gift for the primary kids.

Questions from TeriAnn
Q. How is your toe that was operated on? How is your toe next to it that seems to now be infected from the picture? Do you think your shoes are too heavy or too tight and possibly causing ingrown toe nails?
It feels great! The other toe is getting better. I apply neosporin to it. I don't know if my shoes are the problem since my other foot is fine.
Q. How are your companions? What are your favorite things about them?
Super! Elder Itepu is a crazy African, and I love it. He is great at connecting with members.
Q. What did you eat at the mission president's house? How many nights did you stay there?
We survived off of bread from a little shop down the street.
Q. Have you had any bad storms there yet? If so, are they crazy awesome? 
Yes! We have had some sweet storms with lots of lightning and thunder. I love it!
Q. What was the weirdest thing you saw this week?
A woman peeing into a gutter on the side of the street. Gross.
Q. Are you still the district leader? How is that going?
Yes. It's going all right. I am definitely learning a lot from the experience, so that is good.
Q. Do you still see the two sweet sisters often, that take care of you and feed you?
Yes! We visit them often and they are still the best.
Q. What are you planning to make for your Christmas day feast?
We aren't totally sure yet. Part of me is tempted to just buy an overpriced pizza to enjoy.
Q. What was the highlight of your week?
Baptizing Brother Daniel! It was super cool.
Q. What was the hardest thing this week?
It's always difficult to bike back to our apartment after a long day of biking and walking in the sun, but I find that to be a time when the spirit is able to teach me a lot about myself and the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment